SoftInWay Inc., an international provider of turbomachinery design software and training, is honored to report the release of AxSTREAM 3.0., the software suite for design, optimization and retrofitting of axial, radial, mixed flow and counter-rotating turbomachinery.
The new version was developed to smoothen the engineering process and enable users to design efficient and highly-performance machines. Some of the noteworthy improvements of AxSTREAM 3.0 include:
1. Increased software flexibility due to:
- Extensive base of elements which allows for modeling of extremely complicated flow paths using ducts, heat exchangers (enabling simulation of interstage cooling and reheating for multistage industrial turbomachinery) and pressure valves;
- Preliminary Design Solution Generator which generates a set of solutions within specified ranges and finds correlation between design parameters and performance;
- Design Space Explorer module which visualizes results and helps make the optimal design selection.
2. Faster design time resulting in engineering hour savings because of:
- Upgraded preliminary design module allowing users to search for multiple optimal solutions and take into account various geometrical constraints including the overall flow path length;
- Multi-window viewing that ensures control of different stages of design process;
- Integrated 3D CFD solver AxFLOW that allows saving time on pre- and post- processing and overcomes the usual challenge of interformat data conversion.
3. Enhanced usability: visualization of data using the integrated profiling and 3D blade design modules that enable the real-time blade surface control.
To familiarize engineers with the latest AxSTREAM updates and accelerate the speed of learning, the SoftInWay team develops classroom-based and online training. These courses are meant for both the current software users and beginners interested in applying AxSTREAM to their engineering tasks.
Further information on AxSTREAM 3.0 and purchasing details are available at http://www.softinway.com.
SoftInWay Inc. is a USA corporation, headquartered in Burlington, MA. The company's mission is to serve the high technology community by providing software products and engineering services in the area of research, design and digital prototyping of power generation equipment. SoftInWay develops products for rapid turbomachinery design, provides technical engineering services and uses in-house and industry standard CFD, FEA and CAD tools to address design issues at the earliest possible stage to maximize engineering productivity and increase the efficiency and reliability of equipment. The core product, AxSTREAM, is an integrated solution based on over 400 years of collective turbomachinery experience of SoftInWay engineering team, with the clear goal of bringing to industry a professional software tool for rapid, optimized turbomachinery flow path design.