ATLANTA, GA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Nov 10, 2010 -- Infor, a leading provider of business applications, today announced the general availability of Infor WFM Workbrain version 5.1. In the retail industry alone, Workbrain touches over 4.7 million associates across 140 brands. The latest version is the direct result of feedback and requests from these customers. It advances core technology aspects of the platform to help customers efficiently manage their expanding global workforces, while simultaneously reducing total cost of ownership.
- For more than a year, Infor has been working closely with an advisory board of key customers to learn what they need most from their workforce management (WFM) software.
- Version 5.1 is a key step in the overall plan and roadmap created to address the advisory board's top feedback and priorities.
- Computational efficiency was significantly improved, resulting from a massive code optimization effort aimed at reducing overall hardware requirements and associated costs.
- In addition, a wide range of technical improvements were introduced to prepare for significant functionality enhancements in subsequent releases.
- Performance benchmarking by Infor shows dramatic results, including the following:
- Up to 80 percent reduction in time taken for file import routines
- Up to 40 percent faster response times for key end-user functions
- Up to 35 percent less CPU consumption during key tasks
What We Say
"We've heard customers loud and clear and are heavily investing in Workbrain to address their top priorities," said Owen Brangwyn, product manager, Workforce Management, Infor. "Customers have every reason to be excited about this release and the product roadmap we're executing against going into 2011 and beyond. We have provided a current and stable technical platform for an unprecedented evolution of the product in future releases. It's a big step forward, and it's just the beginning."
Additional Resources on Infor Workforce Management
Additional Resources on Infor Products
- Infor Customer Relationship Management
- Infor Enterprise Asset Management
- Infor Financial Management
- Infor Product Lifecycle Management
- Infor Supply Chain Management
- Infor Expense Management
- Infor Public Sector
- Infor Enterprise Resource Planning
- Infor Human Capital Management
- Infor Performance Management
- Infor Workforce Management
- Infor Hospitality
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.