NASHUA, N.H. – October 19, 2010 – NextComputing, the leader in high-performance portable and small form-factor workstations and servers, announces the immediate availability of NVIDIA® Quadro® 6000 by PNY® professional graphics solutions. By integrating the new NVIDIA ultra high-end graphics processing unit (GPU) into its portable workstations and dense computing rackmount servers, NextComputing empowers customers in markets like remote video production, military simulation and training, and oil and gas data visualization with the computational visualization capabilities of NVIDIA Quadro pro graphics.
The NVIDIA Quadro 6000 by PNY is the latest and most powerful of NVIDIA’s professional-class GPUs, built on the innovative NVIDIA Fermi architecture. Featuring a total of 448 NVIDIA CUDA™ processing cores and a massive 6GB frame buffer with GDDR5 ECC RAM, the Quadro 6000 is soon to become the board of choice for the most demanding visualization and parallel processing applications. Rated at an unheard of 1.3 billion triangles per second in raw performance, the Quadro 6000 is the new flagship GPU of NVIDIA's line-up of Fermi-based professional graphics boards, which also includes the Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, and Quadro 600. As a close partner of NVIDIA and PNY Technologies, NextComputing is the first hardware manufacturer to offer this new line of Quadro GPUs in a portable workstation platform.
NextComputing's high-performance portable systems combine workstation-class performance with laptop-like mobility for users who need to run demanding applications in the field. Systems like the Radius can house a fast Intel Core i7 processor, up to 24GB RAM, multiple hard drives with RAID, and the NVIDIA Quadro 6000 - all in a transportable system the size of a briefcase, and with or without a high-resolution 17-inch display. The NextDimension series and Vigor series portables add even more computing power with dual enterprise-class Intel® Xeon® processors, up to 48GB RAM, and further storage and PCI expansion capability, in both commercial and military rugged form-factors.
The NVIDIA Quadro 6000 enables the world’s fastest performance across a broad range of professional applications, including:
- Digital Content Creation and CAD - with performance unattainable in a laptop, 3D animators and designers now have a convenient, powerful, portable system that can also serve as their primary creation workstation;
- Broadcast - Quadro 6000 graphics in a portable workstation can drive eye-catching, real-time 3D graphics and virtual sets for live television production, using software such as eStudio™ from Brainstorm Multimedia;
- Digital Cinema - the extra-large 6GB frame buffer and parallel processing capability make the Quadro 6000 ideal for viewing and manipulating 2K and 4K digital video for on-set post-production tasks like color grading and dailies creation;
- Military & Government - powerful visualization and GPU processing capabilities make portable workstations with the Quadro 6000 deployable for defense applications such as UAV ground control stations or for battlefield simulation and training, and;
- Oil & Gas - complex tasks such as seismic analysis and data visualization are now possible on lightweight, portable systems that can be taken into the field.
“The Quadro 6000 represents the pinnacle of GPU horsepower for both the visualization and technical computing markets,” says Jeff Brown, General Manager of the Professional Solutions Group at NVIDIA. “With this kind of performance available in a portable system, professionals can run their most demanding software in diverse locations away from a typical office environment.”
“For our customers in digital cinema post-production, the NVIDIA Quadro 6000 provides an unprecedented level of computing power that allows them to work even more efficiently on today's complex grading and finishing projects,” adds Jeff Edson, CEO of ASSIMILATE™. “Working with NextComputing and NVIDIA, we've been able to deliver workstation-level performance to SCRATCH™ users who desire portability for working both on-set and in the studio.”
NextComputing manufactures high-performance portable and small form-factor workstations and servers. Its open-standards, modular systems are used throughout many industries for a range of professional applications including real-time 3D visualization, high-throughput data streaming, and high-end application demonstration. For more information, visit www.nextcomputing.com.