Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For Immediate Release
Geometric releases NestLib® 2010 R3
Includes new module launched for PCB (Printed Circuit Board) fabrication industry
Mumbai, India, October 07, 2010: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Engineering Services and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of NestLib® 2010 R3 with the inclusion of a new module for the printed circuit board (PCB) fabrication industry.
NestLib is one of the most successful nesting technologies, in the market, focused on optimizing two dimensional packaging. It has been licensed by over 100 independent software vendors and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
The highlights of the new NestLib® 2010 R3 version include:
- Introduction of a new module for PCB fabrication industry. As part of this module, users can nest the parts centrally on the sheet. Users can also provide different clearances in X and Y directions.
- Another feature of interest to PCB manufacturing is scattering of nested parts so that overall nested layout is balanced. This eases the process of fabrication.
- Inventory Forecasting Module (IFM) is now supported with Shear Nesting module. This allows users in glass cutting and other rectangular nesting domain to forecast the material requirement for their jobs.
- Enhancements to the Rectangular Nesting module, which lets users specify different collar widths on different sides of the rectangular sheets.
- Additional trial is added in Optimizer for users interested in Common line cutting. This generates nested layout with more number of common cuts, thereby reducing overall cutter movement.
NestLib is recognized as one of the fastest and most efficient nesting libraries. It provides optimized, high speed and robust algorithms for fully automated True Shape nesting. The NestLib portfolio consists of a base module and a set of optional advanced modules, each of which provides specialized functionality. These include:
- Shear nesting module for saw parts requiring end to end cutting
- Common Punch module specially designed for parts to be cut using punching machines
- Leather nesting module for leather parts with different quality patterns
- Remnant generation module for automatic remnant creation after nesting
- Tube nesting module for tube cutting and pipe cutting
- Common Cut module for nesting adjacent parts such that they share a common flame path.
NestLib is available as a static library, Dynamic linked library (DLL), and COM DLL. It also supports Java and .NET framework. NestLib is available for 32 -bit and 64 -bit Microsoft Windows OS as well as for Sun Solaris and Linux platforms. It can be ported to Mac OS on demand. NestLib also supports multi-core computing for both dual core and quad core computers.
To know more about the product and download the evaluation version, please visit
Geometric ( www.geometricglobal.com) is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.12 billion (US Dollars 108.1 million) for the year ended March 2010. It employs close to 3000 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business, please visit www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.222.2255
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
Media Contact Tech Contact
Kavita Karnani +1.480.222.2256