With this release, Cimmetry takes on the EDA market.
July 15 2003 - Cimmetry Systems, the global leader in Visualization and Collaboration solutions for the A/E/C, Engineering, Manufacturing and Electronics markets, today announced that AutoVue 17.1 is released and shipping.
There are many significant new additions in AutoVue 17.1, including new format support and new EDA features and functionality for the electronics and high-tech markets.
New format support includes:
- 3D CAD Parts & Assemblies: CATIA 5 R10 & R11 (3D/2D), Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire (3D/2D), Inventor 6 & 7 (3D/2D), Solid Edge 13 & 14 (3D/2D) ...
- 2D CAD: AutoCAD 2004, MicroStation 8.1, Mechanical Desktop 2004 (2D/3D), DWF 6.0 ...
- EDA PCB/IC Layouts & Schematics: Mentor Board Station & Design Architect, Cadence Allegro, Allegro Extract, PADS Power PCB, Zuken CADSTAR, PCAD 2002, IDF, GDS II, CIF ...
- Office Document Formats: Word 2003, Excel 2003, PowerPoint 2003 ...
New EDA features include:
- Cross-probing between layouts & schematics
- Searching/Zooming/Highlighting components & nets
- Querying/Drilling-down for entity properties & attributes
- Generating/Exporting BOMs & reports
- Precise measurement (snap to pins, vias, symbol origins & geometry)
- Minimum distance measurement between selected components or nets
- A unique 3D PCB viewing feature
- Dynamic control of layer-sets & layer visibility/printability/order/color
"AutoVue 17.1 reaffirms Cimmetry's position as the leading provider of Visualization and Collaboration technology in the market." said Pam Petropoulos at Cimmetry Systems. "With support for native 2D/3D CAD, EDA & Office formats, thin-client & desktop platform architectures, real-time & asynchronous collaboration features, and integration with any host system, AutoVue truly is the only one-stop-shop for any organization's visualization and collaboration needs."
Today, product design and manufacturing cross the traditional boundaries between engineering disciplines. Discrete goods, ranging in complexity from toasters to automobiles, contain both mechanical components and electronics. Only AutoVue provides the ability to view and collaborate on all product data: the 3D casings and parts, the electronic boards and chips, the text-based BOMs and specifications and the 2D manufacturing drawings and facility plans.
AutoVue allows users to view, markup and collaborate in real-time on 200 native formats from a common user interface. Available as a Windows desktop application or a thin-client server based solution, the product allows users to access and provide feedback on critical product data, regardless of format, either locally or over a network/Internet. The AutoVue API is also available to OEM partners wishing to add visualization, markup and real-time collaboration capabilities to their products.
To download a fully functional evaluation version, try an online demo, or schedule a real-time collaboration meeting using AutoVue, visit http://www.cimmetry.com
About Cimmetry Cimmetry Systems Inc. is the recognized technology pioneer and market leader in the area of Visualization and Collaboration software tools for the A/E/C, Engineering, Manufacturing and Electronics markets.
Cimmetry's flagship product, AutoVue, is the premier enterprise-wide viewing and markup package, providing native support for more than 200 formats including 2D/3D CAD, EDA, raster, vector, hybrid, office and graphics. Users have a single point of access to their documents, regardless of format, from a single, easy-to-use interface.
AutoVue is available as a Windows desktop application as well as a thin-client version, deployable on Windows or UNIX servers. Cimmetry's viewing and markup products are strategically designed to integrate seamlessly with Document Management (DM, EDM), Workflow, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), ASPs and e-business Portals, either directly or via the Web.
AutoVue is sold worldwide and available in many languages including Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. Visit Cimmetry on the Web at www.cimmetry.com