Geometric releases NestLib® 2010 R1
Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079 India
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For Immediate Release
Geometric releases NestLib® 2010 R1
With advanced optimization functionalities for inventory management and sheet metal punching
Mumbai, India, February 24, 2010: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Engineering Services and Offshore Product Development (OPD) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of NestLib® 2010 R1 with improvements in material utilization for sheet metal punching and inventory management.
NestLib is one of the most successful nesting software library in the market, focused on optimizing two dimensional packaging. It has been licensed by over 90 independent software vendors and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
This latest release of NestLib incorporates a number of new features, several important fixes and updates, as well as performance improvement measures. Some of the most important additions include:
• Multiple Corner nesting and Inventory Forecasting support with edge matching feature to increase material utilization, and thereby reduce material cost for the wood working industry
• User controls advancements like run time local area selection for every orientation of a part in Common Punch module. This feature will assist punch machine users to control the nesting of a specific part in the entire nested layout
• Nesting reports in PDF format can be directly generated from the NestLib evaluation program. This will allow customers to store the nested reports on their computers for easy reference and sharing
• Inventory Forecasting module that identifies the best sheet size to be used for a given order, can now be used for orders with different part materials and thickness
NestLib is recognized as one of the fastest and most efficient nesting libraries. It provides matchless, high speed, and powerful algorithms for fully automated True Shape nesting.
The NestLib portfolio consists of a base module and a set of optional advanced modules, each of which provides specialized functionality. These include:
• Shear nesting module for saw parts requiring end to end cutting
• Common Punch module specially designed for parts to be cut using punching machines
• Leather nesting module for leather parts with different quality patterns
• Remnant generation module for automatic remnant creation after nesting
• Tube nesting module for tube cutting and pipe cutting
• Common Cut module for nesting adjacent parts such that they share a common flame path
NestLib is available as a static library, Dynamic linked library (DLL), and COM DLL. It also supports Java and .NET framework. NestLib is available for 32 -bit and 64 -bit Microsoft Windows OS as well as for Sun Solaris and Linux platforms. It can be ported to Mac OS on demand. NestLib also supports multi-core computing for both dual core and quad core computers.
To know more about the product and download the evaluation version, please visit
http://nestlib.geometricglobal.com or write to Email Contact
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.98 billion (US Dollars 129.47 million) for the year ended March 2009. It employs close to 3000 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
+1.480.367.0132 ext 6
END OF RELEASE
Read the complete story ...
Be the first to review this article