New versions of STAR-CD and es-ice are available for download
We are happy to inform you that STAR-CD V4.12 and es-ice V2.16 are now available for download from our
User Services Site. Together STAR-CD and es-ice make up the leading industrial toolkit for engine simulation.
Principle new ICE related features of STAR-CD V4.12 include:
Enhancements to es-ice V2.16 include:
- Extension of liquid property database for fuels and liquids.
- Introduction of Continuous Multi-Component (CMC) approach for modelling multi-component fuel sprays.
- A new sub-grid-scale spray induced turbulence model for LES simulations.
- The ability to use pure oxygenated fuels such Ethanol with ECFM and ECFM-3Z.
- AKTIM ignition model for ECFM-CLEH for ECFM and ECFM-3Z.
- Improved G-equation combustion model.
- Consolidated TIF combustion model.
- Improvements to the meshing engine - including better cell trimming and prism layer definition for the ports of mapped models.
- Added ability to graph the input all 1D input parameters including: initialization, boundary conditions, rpm, piston motion, etc.
- Introduction of apparent heat release (AHR) to es-ice post processing.
- And many others...
The new versions of STAR-CD and es-ice are available for download now from
our user services site or through
your local support office. I strongly recommend that you take the time to read the Release Notes that are provided with the installation package, which will provide you with an exhaustive overview of the new features and improvements.
You can read more about the release
STAR-CD and es-ice development team
|© CD-adapco 2009
Be the first to review this article