LMS PRESENTS ENGINE SIMULATION SOFTWARE AT SAE COMVEC TRADE SHOW THIS OCTOBER
(Two high resolutions images are available on request)
Chicago, August 18, 2009 (word count: 349)
LMS is an engineering innovation partner for companies in the automotive, aerospace and other advanced manufacturing industries. LMS simulation solutions make it possible to study powertrain systems from sub-systems and components to the global engine architecture. LMS will be exhibiting at the SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress and Exhibition in Rosemont, Ill., on Oct. 6 and 7, 2009, as part of the Truck Tech France Pavilion, booth 607.
LMS provides a unique combination of 3-D and 1-D system simulation solutions that are made to match commercial vehicles challenges. LMS proposes an extensive set of specific solutions that combines strong simulation capabilities, effective interfaces with leading CAE solutions and advanced tools to study the static/dynamic functional behavior of any component or system in a graphical, user-friendly environment.
LMS simulation solutions make it possible to study powertrain systems from sub-systems and components to the global engine architecture:
- Optimize fuel consumption, emissions, drivability and comfort
- Develop technologies required to reach the emission standards
- Shorten the design and the calibration of control systems
- Simulate engine dynamic performance and accurately predict internal loads
- Gain insight into acoustics problems
- Optimize durability performance
Moreover, its unique simulation portfolio allows vehicle dynamics engineers to answer challenging issues, such as perform fatigue life predictions on the vehicle suspension components, develop active safety systems or optimize stability control while reducing the power consumption:
- Design of suspension, braking and power steering systems
- Virtual testing of standard driving maneuvers
- Validation of the global chassis control (SIL & HIL; software-in-loop & hardware-in-loop)
- Integration with NVH and durability simulation
- Full vehicle approach for fuel efficiency simulation
LMS 1-D and 3-D simulation solutions have been adopted as the preferred system simulation platform by major OEMs and suppliers in the trucks and off-highway industry worldwide. LMS has enabled many of the leading commercial vehicle manufacturers to develop superior products, dramatically shorten cycle times, and reduce development costs and risks. LMS focuses on mission critical performance attributes including energy management, durability, performance optimization, system dynamics, handling, safety, hydraulics and auxiliary integration, comfort and sound quality.
For more information, please contact:
5755 New King St.
Troy, MI 48098
Tel: (248) 502-2220
Fax: (248) 952-1610
FRENCH TECHNOLOGY PRESS OFFICE
205 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3740
Chicago, IL 60601
Fax: (312) 327-5261
Note to Editors:
Please advise us of publication of this press release and continue to send reader responses to FTPO. This is the only way we can ensure the follow-up is done efficiently.