For Immediate Release
Geometric releases NestLib ® 2009 R2
New feature introduced for wood working industry
Mumbai, India, July 08, 2009: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of NestLib® 2009 R2. In addition to a number of enhancements, this version offers a new Edge Matching feature for the wood working industry, to help in the creation of wooden floorings and rooftops.
NestLib is one of the most successful nesting technologies in the market, focused on optimizing two dimensional packaging. It has been licensed by over 80 independent software vendors and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
NestLib 2009 R2 has a number of advancements including:
· Introduction of Edge matching feature in the base module for meeting the needs of wood working industry involved in creating rooftops and floorings. This feature enables users to automatically match the slots and keys in the parts with those in the sheets during nesting, thereby increasing productivity.
· Provision of an API to distinguish between end-to-end guillotine cuts and internal guillotine cuts. This information is used for generating tool path.
· Launch of a new feature in the Common Punch module to maintain clearance between adjacent parts that do not share punch profiles
· Support for the multi-core feature in COM DLL to reduce the integration efforts. Applications built in Visual Studio 6.0 can also use this feature by integrating their applications with the COM DLL.
NestLib is recognized as one of the fastest and most efficient nesting libraries. It provides optimized, high speed and robust algorithms for fully automated True Shape nesting.
The NestLib portfolio consists of a base module and a set of optional advanced modules, with specialized functionalities. These include:
· Shear nesting module for saw parts requiring end-to-end cutting
· Common Punch module specially designed for parts to be cut using punching machines
· Leather nesting module for leather parts with different quality patterns
· Remnant generation module for automatic remnant creation after nesting
· Tube nesting module for tube cutting and pipe cutting
· Common Cut module for nesting adjacent parts such that they share a common flame path
NestLib is available as a static library, dynamic linked library (DLL), and COM DLL. It also supports Java and .NET framework. NestLib is available for 32 bit and 64 bit Microsoft Windows OS, as well as for Sun Solaris and Linux platforms. It can be ported to Mac OS on demand.
To know more about the product and download the evaluation version, please visit
http://nestlib.geometricglobal.com or write to
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.98 billion (US Dollars 129.47 million) for the year ended March 2009. It employs close to 3000 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper®, and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
+1.480.367.0132 ext 6