Orlando, FL February 9, 2008― Synergis Software today announced that it will be previewing a major upgrade to its popular Adept PDM and document management software for SolidWorks at booth #519, SolidWorks World 2009 (February 8-11, Orlando, FL). With this upgrade, Adept features a new SolidWorks integration that makes it faster and more efficient for users to perform document management operations while working inside the CAD application. A new Adept Task Pane tab gives users the ability to Search, Sign In/Sign Out, Open, Insert and Replace Components, and see “Where Used” and status information about parts, assemblies, drawings and configurations – without leaving the SolidWorks application.
“The new Adept PDM for SolidWorks integration was driven entirely by our customers’ requests,” said Joseph T. Gasper, product manager for CAD integrations at Synergis Software. “It provides users with an easier, more intuitive way to perform their design and editing tasks while maintaining the consistency and security demanded in today’s engineering environments.”
New Features of Adept PDM
Adept PDM and document management software for SolidWorks allows users to perform these tasks within the SolidWorks Task Pane:
· Search by metadata or browse through an Explorer-like tree structure to find files using any combination of metadata fields tracked in Adept
· Access files in an Adept work area
· Check the status of files (In/Out/On Hold)
· Drag and drop files from any Search Results listing into SolidWorks’ graphics window
· Open or insert a file with options for copy out, sign out, or read-only access
· Select a specific configuration for the selected file
· View thumbnail and parent-child relationships for the selected file
Scott Lamond, Vice President of Marketing and Chris Fabri, Senior Solutions Engineer, will be at booth #519 to demonstrate the new capabilities of Adept.
About Synergis Software
Synergis Software, a SolidWorks Gold PDM Partner, develops, implements, and supports engineering document management and workflow software that helps organizations manage, share and control their design and business documents throughout the enterprise. For more information, call 800.836.5440/215.529.9900 or visit www.SynergisSoftware.com.
Copyright © 2009 Synergis Software. All rights reserved. All products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Martha Lubow, Director of Media Relations
(215) 529-9900, x110