CAX-Services has been offering PLM & CAD/CAM/CAE based outsource services for several years. Started heavily with CAD based services, CAX-Services added many additional chain of services that helped the industry take advantage of computer aided techniques more and more.
CAX-Services has expanded its PLM & CAD/CAM/CAE related outsource services with service enhancements and new services announcements. These new and enhanced services offers have been results of demands and suggestions coming from customers. In the core of all services in CAX-Services lies heavy usage of 3D digital data. Using 3D data for enabling additional outputs and deliverables increases the efficiency of technical works inside an organization. It is still a fact that valuable 3D data created in the companies is not being very efficiently.
Newly announced services offers include deliverables with 2D and 3D static or interactive content that are mainly based on 3D engineering data and with flavors of illustrations, animations and additional technical data. These contents can be delivered either in digital file formats like 2D/3D PDF’s, AVI’s, high quality raster images or as online interactive web interfaces. Many native file formats like CATIA V4/V5, UGS/NX, Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, Alias, 3D Studio and universal file transfer protocols like IGES, STEP, SAT, VDA/FS, STL, VRML are supported for importing 3D data.
These deliverables can be useful for both inside or outside the company. Some of the areas that are being addressed are as follows:
• Technical Documentation (Technical Illustrations, Exploded Views)
• Manufacturing (Assembly Instructions, Manufacturing Process Instructions)
• Customer Services (Operating Instructions, Field Services Guides)
• Training & Sales (Product Catalogs, Sales Brochures, Interactive Product CD’s, Product Demonstrations)
• Product Development (3D Animations, Functional Validation, Light-weight Collaboration Platforms)
With the addition of these new services, CAX-Services extended its services into new departments like marketing, training, maintenance and other after sales departments. The services offers now covers whole lifecycle of a product inside the company starting from industrial design to detailed design and engineering offices up to marketing, sales and after sales.
With the recently added services categories, CAX-Services provides services in 5 main categories:
• CAD Services (3D Solid Modeling, 3D Surface Modeling, Industrial Design, Technical Drawings, Reverse Engineering, Sheetmetal Modeling and Unfolding)
• Product Documentation (Technical Instructions, Technical Manuals, Technical Illustrations, Animations, System Simulation, Assembly Documentations)
• Data Translation Services
• Application Development (Standalone Applications, CATIA Macros, CATIA Knowledgebase Applications, AutoCAD Applications)
• Computer Engineering Services (Mesh Creation & Optimization, Midsurface Modeling, Optimization, Linear Analysis, Nonlinear Analysis)