August 19, 2008 – Connecticut, USA – Gerber Technology, a unit of Gerber Scientific, Inc. (NYSE:GRB), and the world leader in automated CAD/CAM and PLM solutions for the apparel and flexible materials industry, announces its newest release of VStitcher, the fashion industry’s premier solution to virtual 3D design and simulation.
VStitcher by Browzwear allows users to visualize their collections on virtual models, providing true-to-life garment simulations with the most realistic and comprehensive set of avatars in the industry. The powerful technology of its 3D draping software provides the most accurate draping simulation in the market.
In addition, its interface seamlessly integrates with Gerber’s AccuMark pattern design, grading and marker making software, enabling a fast and easy transformation of 2D patterns into 3D garments. VStitcher is a key component to the Fashion Lifecycle Management suite, Gerber’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) offering. Key benefits to VStitcher include significantly reducing product development costs and improving time-to-market through the creation of virtual garment samples. Regardless of a company’s size or scope, users realize a rapid return on their investment in VStitcher.
“The fast-fashion concept drives our customers to produce more styles in smaller batches, within a shorter period of time,” stated Angela Cruz, product manager, AccuMark family products. “By decreasing the number of physical samples needed, VStitcher provides a cost-effective solution, eliminating weeks of development time, reducing fabric and transportation costs and minimizing the margin for error typically seen with sample orders.”
Additional Key Features and Added Functionality of VStitcher include:
- VStitcher is the only software package in the industry to offer a web-based collaboration tool, facilitating better communication between participants all over the globe.
- Real-time fit approval sessions are done online, leading to faster acceptance, fewer mistakes and overall improved speed-to-market.
Simplified Fabric Testing
- VStitcher offers the only Fabric Testing Kit (FTK) available in its market. Developed by Browzwear, it has become the world standard and is used by fabric mills across the globe.
- It eliminates the costly process of sending swatches to testing labs in order to gather fabric testing values.
- New fabrics can be tested on-site and their values instantly uploaded to VStitcher. Alternatively, values can be imported directly from a mill’s inventory and the results are automatically converted into usable data for 3D draping.
- Version 4.3 introduces more advanced, true-to-life simulation features such as the ability to represent fabric thickness and edge definition. It also offers an expansive set of avatars with modifiable body parts, postures and poses, as well as the greatest number of measurements available in the industry.
- It also provides improved design capabilities with new drawing tools, added support for color libraries and new drag-and-drop capabilities -- direct from Adobe® Illustrator® to a 3D garment.
VStitcher is currently being used by more than 150 industry leading companies in 25 different countries and is being introduced to fashion students in more than 60 schools in 18 countries.
To inquire about how to upgrade to VStitcher v4.3, or to add VStitcher to your organization, please visit www.gerbertechnology.com.
About Gerber Technology
Gerber Technology ( www.gerbertechnology.com), a business unit of $640 million corporation Gerber Scientific, Inc., develops and manufactures the world's leading brands of integrated software and hardware automation systems for the sewn products and flexible materials industries. These systems automate and significantly improve the efficiency of information management, product design and development, pre-production and production processes. The company offers specialized solutions to a variety of end-user markets including apparel, aerospace, transportation interiors, furniture, composites and industrial fabrics. Gerber Technology’s world headquarters are located in Tolland, Connecticut, U.S.A. with regional offices, agents and distributors in more than 126 countries serving a total of over 20,500 customers through 16 Customer Solutions Centers on six continents. The company engineers and manufactures its products in various locations in the United States, Europe and Asia. This year marks the company’s 40th anniversary.
Established in 1968, Gerber Technology is one of four businesses of Gerber Scientific, Inc. ( http://www.gerberscientific.com/) of South Windsor, Connecticut, U.S.A., a corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the “GRB” symbol.