Mumbai, India. July 9, 2008 - Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of eDrawings® Professional for Autodesk Inventor® version 6.1.
This version includes major enhancements to support:
• Autodesk Inventor 2009
• iParts and iAssemblies
A 15-day trial version of eDrawings Professional for Autodesk Inventor can be downloaded free of cost from
eDrawings Publishers are lightweight intuitive collaboration tools for 3D models that are available on Pro/ENGINEER®, CATIA V5®, NX®, Autodesk Inventor®, SolidEdge® and Google SketchUp®. They help in multiple ways as listed below.
• Generate ultra compact eDrawings files with compression of up to 95%, compared to the original CAD file.
• Share and receive feedback on product designs with review-enabled eDrawings files and collaborate with an unlimited number of recipients.
• Manage, track, and merge comments from various team members.
• Share design data with password protected and self-extracting eDrawings files.
• Measure the geometry in part, assembly, and drawing files when dimensions are absent.
• Disable measurement feature to protect sensitive design data.
• Examine internal details of parts and assemblies with dynamic cross-sectioning.
• Hide, show, and move components in order to better understand assembly structure.
For pricing details and purchase options please contact:
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 4.86 billion (US Dollars 121.6 million) for the year ended March 2008. It employs close to 3000 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro and GeomCaliper®. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132.
The copyrights/trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
+1.480.367.0132 ext 6