BOSTON, MA - May 7, 2008 - Product development executives from around the globe gathered at in San Francisco, CA last week to attend the annual Product Innovation Executive (PIE) Summit hosted by Aberdeen, a Harte-Hanks Company (NYSE:HHS). Attending executives networked with industry thought leaders who shared their product innovation experiences in one of four distinct categories:
- Fostering and commercializing innovation repeatedly
- Empowering engineers to design more innovative products
- Coordinating product development across as well as outside the enterprise
- Manage successful design efforts through outsourced design and supply chain partners
The PIE Summit is part of the acclaimed Aberdeen Summit Series. These seminars bring corporate executives and industry thought leaders together to share information and provide actionable recommendations for organizational improvement. Summit participation is limited to 250 executive level participants.
Executive-lead discussions identified the critical components of product innovation including breakthroughs in developing profitable products. Participants are now one step ahead of their competitors with the help of the insights of Best-in-Class product innovators, which can be immediately adopted to improve product development and engineering performance.
Summit participant Eric Bostrom, Engineering Manager of AUTOMOTION, INC. had this to say about the recent summit, "Thank you for hosting PIE Summit! The speakers were excellent and they presented many great ideas that I am taking back to my organization. I expect the concepts presented at the PIE Summit will have a positive affect on my company for years to come."
Summit presenters included:
- Karl Ulrich, CIBC Professor and Chair at the Wharton School of the Univ of Penn
- Captain Dennis O'Donoghue, VP of Test & Validation at Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Jeff Weedman, VP of External Development at Procter & Gamble
- Kiho Sohn, Chief Knowledge Officer at Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- Gary Yezbick, Vice President, Operational and Technological Services, Masco Corp.
- Nan Mattai, SVP Engineering and Technology at Rockwell Collins
- Chris Weiss, Vice President of Engineering, The Knapheide Manufacturing Company
- Julianne Claybaugh, Corporate Practice Leader Operational Excellence, Intel Corporation
- Gary DeGregario, Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff, Motorola
- David Prawel, Founder of Longview Advisors
- David Maltz, Director of Device Technology at Nektar Therapeutics
- Dr. Michael Menke, Former Chief Portfolio Advocate and Business Strategist Strategic Planning and Modeling (SPaM), Hewlett Packard
- David Disberger, Director of Engineering, AGCO Corporation
"I was really impressed with the breadth and quality of speakers and the level of resulting discussion. I learned a tremendous amount and felt fortunate to have the opportunity to talk through the issues I face in common with my peers - it really was an effective learning environment. The Aberdeen team did a great job ensuring that the various speakers complemented one another - there were themes, and little overlap in terms of key takeaways." stated David Maltz, Director of Device Technology, Nektar Therapeutics, PIE Summit Presenter
"This summit followed in the footsteps of the 2007 PIE Summit and successfully brought together industry executives and Best-in-Class product innovation practitioners, to share success stories and provide actionable recommendations for improving product development and engineering performance," said Jim Brown, Senior Vice President of Product Innovation Research at Aberdeen. "It is exciting to see that this conference is viewed as a staple in the planning process of so many organizations that look to Aberdeen's research findings to aid in the transformation of product innovation processes."
During the proceedings Aberdeen recognized five Best-in-Class organizations with a 2008 Aberdeen Achievement Award for their accomplishments in product innovation. The recipients included:
- John Deere, who received the Process Excellence Award for demonstrating process ingenuity, agility, flexibility and scalability in addressing changing business requirements
- GE Healthcare, who received the Performance Excellence Award for harnessing the performance impacts of value chain activities and mastering methodologies for financial, operational, and customer-centric performance excellence
- Seagate Technology, who received the Executive Stewardship Award for achieving performance heights due to the direct involvement and leadership of executive management
- Phillips Plastics, who received the Business Evolution Award for managing information flow across internal functional practices to achieve measurable business growth
- Bose, who received the Innovation in Technology Award for maximizing technology solutions in order to solve pressing product development issues and positively impact company performance
Congratulations to the award winners for their excellence in the product innovation & engineering arena!
For additional information on the summit, visit http://www.aberdeen.com/events/live/PIE08
The 2008 PIE Summit sponsoring companies included: Autodesk, IHS, Invention Machine, Kalypso, Siemens, SmartOrg, Ansys, Lattice Technolog
About Aberdeen Group a Harte-Hanks Company
Aberdeen is a leading provider of fact-based research and market intelligence that delivers demonstrable results. Having benchmarked more than 30,000 companies in the past two years, Aberdeen is uniquely positioned to educate users to action: driving market awareness, creating demand, enabling sales, and delivering meaningful return-on-investment analysis. As the trusted advisor to the global technology markets, corporations turn to AberdeenTM for insights that drive decisions.
As a Harte-Hanks Company, Aberdeen plays a key role of putting content in context for the global direct and targeted marketing company. Aberdeen's analytical and independent view of the "customer optimization" process of Harte-Hanks (Information - Opportunity - Insight - Engagement - Interaction) extends the client value and accentuates the strategic role Harte-Hanks brings to the market. For additional information, visit Aberdeen http://www.aberdeen.com or call (617) 723-7890, or to learn more about Harte-Hanks, call (800) 456-9748 or go to http://www.harte-hanks.com