The Week’s Top 5
At MCADCafé we track many things, including the stories that have attracted the most interest from our subscribers. Below are the five news items that were the most viewed during last week.
CAD-ERP Data Integration System for SolidWorks
Elmo Solutions, a supplier of CAD-ERP data integration technologies, announced Agni Link 2008, a live, bidirectional CAD-ERP connector for SolidWorks and Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision). Agni Link is a SolidWorks add-in that provides bidirectional integration with Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision) databases. Every time a SolidWorks document is saved, the user may enter and/or edit data shared between SolidWorks and Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision) using possible values taken "live" from Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision). Upon end-user confirmation, data is updated in both the SolidWorks document and the Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision) database, thus ensuring synchronization of both data sets and eliminating redundant data entry. Agni Link 2008 can process and synchronize a wide range of data from either side, including:
- SolidWorks Part, Component and Assembly data
- Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision) Bills Of Materials
- Microsoft Dynamics/NAV (Navision) Routing instructions
3D Systems Launches New 3D Modeler
3D Systems Corp. launched its InVision XT 3-D Modeler at the RP&M (RAPID) exhibition. The InVision XT 3-D Modeler q builds three-dimensional plastic models and prototypes directly and provides users with high-definition, functional, and durable models that are able to withstand rigorous handling and testing. This new, versatile InVision XT 3-D Modeler produces models in a variety of materials colors (white, blue or dark gray), suitable for a wide range of applications. Melt-away supports enable hands-free post-processing. With the launch of this new software application targeted at addressing a wide variety of model and prototype applications, 3D Systems is responding to the growing demand for rapid and compact software applications for RP&M. 3D Systems expects to begin shipments of the InVision XT 3-D Modeler in June 2007.
Kubotek USA Releases Super Feature Technology Whitepaper
Kubotek USA, developer of the KeyCreator design and manufacturing software, announced the immediate availability of a free white paper from Collaborative Product Development Associates (CPDA.) The white paper: Kubotek USA Raises the Bar on User Productivity with Super Feature Technology by Ken Versprille, PLM Research Director, CPDA, examines the needs manufacturers have for working with designs generated from multiple CAD programs and how new geometry-based feature technology from Kubotek improves productivity for these applications. In the paper Versprille points out that the benefits of the technology are not just in the editing of models. Because the technology can find pattern and feature relationships between faces all across a model in real-time, it is a valuable tool for exploring a customer’s model. Since complex features or “Super Features” can be defined in real-time on any CAD file, designs can be re-purposed for manufacturing, moldmaking and more. Versprille provides examples of manufacturers using these new capabilities to save design time in a design-through-manufacture workflow.
Dassault Systemes Reports Strong First Quarter
Dassault Systemes (DS) reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2007. Bernard Charles, Dassault Systemes President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Dassault Systemes had a very solid start to the year as the implementation of our new PLM mid-market channel and redesigned partnership with IBM are delivering results. DS achieved a 21% constant currency increase in non-GAAP revenue and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share increased 15% in the first quarter."
Some of the first Quarter 2007 financial highlights included:
- GAAP revenue of EUR 290.9 million and GAAP EPS of EUR 0.28
- Non-GAAP revenue of EUR 294.7 million, up 15% (up 21% in constant currencies)
- Non-GAAP EPS of EUR 0.39, up 15% after absorbing an estimated 9 point currency impact
- Total ENOVIA non-GAAP revenue up 139% in constant currencies, and up 29% in constant currencies before including MatrixOne
- DS announced plans to acquire ICEM to complement DS' offering in high-end surfacing and styling.
Agile Software Corp. announced that QLogic has migrated to Agile 9.2 PLM, to take advantage of its expanded version of Agile Product Governance and Compliance (PG&C) to manage product and program compliance against standards and regulatory requirements. QLogic is the leader in Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), stackable switches and blade server switches, whose products are the backbone of storage networks for most Global 2000 corporations. Agile 9.2 is the latest release of the Agile 9 platform that enables organizations to manage their enterprise product record throughout the product lifecycle -- from design to new product introduction to ramp to volume and end of life. Agile Software will assist QLogic's efforts to ensure compliance with environmental regulations such as the European Union's Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) regulation and Waste of Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) directive.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached at Email Contact or 408.850.9230.
Product and Company News
- UGS Shows SMBs PLM
- Irish Department of Education Purchases SolidWorks Software
- PTC Receives Large Order From U.S. Federal Laboratories And Facilities
- Inventor 2008 Certification for Datakit
- Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 Chosen as Best Product of 2006
- UGS Names BCT Technology AG Its 2007 Software Partner of the Year
- RuleStream Announces Strategic Partnership
- Stratasys Reports Q1 Financial Results
- PTC Program Receives Top Honors From VARBusiness Magazine
- Norgren Moves With ENOVIA SmarTeam PLM Solution
- UGS Announces Support for Teamcenter on HP Servers
- Delcam Starts 2007 with Strong Sales
- Autodesk Holds Annual Investor Meeting Updates Guidance for Q1 Fiscal 2008
- CCE to Participate on CAD Interoperability and 3D Collaboration Panel
- MSC.Software Wins IBM Award
- Right Hemisphere Adds PLM Specialist Virtual Services to North American Sales Channel
- ProSoft Releases AutoCAD 2008 Courseware
- MSC.Software Demonstrates Path Forward
- Flomerics Announces EFD for Education Initiative
- UGS Launches UGS Innovation Connection in Second Life
- Invention Machine Announces Availability of Goldfire Innovator 4.0
- CADD Edge to Market SensAble Technologies FreeForm Modeling
- Altair Engineering Canada Opens New Training and Support Facility
- ENGINEERING.Com Announces Q1 2007 Results
- ESI Group Visual Simulation Environment Optimized for Intel’s Platforms
- MSC.Software to Announce Q1 Financial Results
- Invention Machine Extends Market Reach in Japan
- ModernTech Partners with 3DScanCo
- Etrage LLC Offers Development Services for PTC's Advanced Pro/TOOLKIT
- Elmo BoM 2006 CAD-ERP Receives Autodesk Inventor Certification
- Cimatron to Showcase New Die Design Application
Root Solutions Ltd. First Platinum VAR
Related MCAD News