Datakit to showcase its latest technologies at RAPID 2007 Conference & Exposition, Marriott Renaissance Detroit, MI, May 1, 2007 to May 3, 2007, BOOTH # 912
“We are very enthusiastic to take part in the show, as it is the first time that our American branch will get its own booth since Datakit Inc was created,” said Francis Cadin, CEO of Datakit . “We especially expect to meet software companies interested by our technology as a Cad data exchange core solution, but also end users involved in design, prototyping, tooling, and direct manufacturing technologies. We will be there with our reseller in California, Unified CAD Solutions (
During the show, Datakit will demonstrate the capability of its Cad data exchange solutions and its latest technologies:
- a complete rethink of its most popular converter: Catia V5 to SolidWorks. Memory has been broadly optimised and now, assembly tree management in SolidWorks 100% matchs the way it works in Catia V5
- a full range of Rhino 4.0 Plug-ins based on its topological model : they fully support the new functions in Rhino 4.0 for creating and editing solids with deformation capabilities
- its certified "Autodesk Inventor 2008”, Catia V5 to Inventor converter : it allows all 3D data including Catia V5 Exact solids, to be transferred from native Catia V5 files to Inventor up to 2008
-The new CrossCad/Sta, the primary stand alone tool allowing batch conversions of files to IGES, STEP, DXF, Parasolids and more
And of course:
- its full CGR read and write capability to convert a range of files —, JT and STL type faceted formats, as well as Catia V4, V5 and Unigraphics — to CGR format.
- its powerful Catia V5 reader that enables users to work directly starting from FD&T data. Users benefit from the ease of comprehension that offers a 3D view and the precision of traditional drawing information.
- its complete Pro-E native translator that supports all the 3D geometric curve and surface entities in Wildfire 1, 2 and 3, including the faceted data used for rendering.
- its robust Catia V4 that supports the “clipping” concept and the “auxview” entities to give users the advantage of seeing all displayed views immediately on the screen, without the problems of entities running off view edges or certain entities going missing.
- its 2D Catia V5 and UG converters in addition to the current 3D ones
To arrange an appointement with F Cadin, CEO of Datakit, please email
Email Contact or give a call: +1 805 722 2780
More about Datakit:
Founded in 1994, Datakit develops and proposes solutions to ease the communication between the different software packages. Datakit enables the reading of the whole set of data : 2D, 3D, wireframe, solid, surface, attributes, features, history of construction, data of dimensioning, annotations and tolerancing (FD&T), PMI and specific ones dedicated to certain fields.