Missler Software officially launched TopSolid'Cam 2007 on 01 March 2007. One of TopSolid'Cam's greatest forces is its capacity to manage all machining processes thereby making it one of the only CAM solutions on the market which is able to machine all parts by offering the most suitable machining process. TopSolid'Cam is capable of piloting turning, 2 axes milling, 3 axis milling, 4 & 5 axis continued milling, 4 & 5 axis continued turning, synchronization and complex simulation.
TopSolid'Cam 2007 offers many new functions for all machining operations to reduce machining times, increase part quality and reduce tool costs. The majority of all new functions in the 2007 version respond to requests coming directly from Missler Software customers all over the world. This new version responds more precisely to the need for more precise simulation (and thereby less collisions) and increased productivity. TopSolid'Cam 2007 will be demonstrated on the important French trade fair Industrie 2007 in Lyon, from 06-09 March. Come along and discover TopSolid'Cam 2007 on stand 4D150.
TopSolid'Cam 2007 manages multi-function tools
Here are the key improvements in TopSolid'Cam 2007:
- Changes in approach and retract movements - The parameters of 3D approach and retract movements can be modified without recalculating the modified operations. This improvement saves hours of calculation work and is notably an interesting improvement for mold makers.
- Approach movements and simulation - A new simulation mode has been put in place to identify in place rotations and rotations relating to the RTCP (Rotation tool centre point). This new function enables the operator to define and to edit approach movements as well as interoperation movements. These new operations can be defined in the WCS part, machine or machining and can take into account the RTCP mode or not.
- Automatic prevention of collisions in continuous 5 axis machining - For parts which can be machined in 3 axis but which will be machined in 5 axis, TopSolid'Cam offers a function to transform 3 axis tool paths into 5 axis tool paths. Such an operation allows the use of shorter tools which offer better cutting conditions and less vibrations and thereby reduce manufacturing times. Frequently used by mold makers the automatic prevention of collisions in continuous 5 axis machining is now available in TopSolid'Cam 2007. Therefore, the tool orientation is automatically modified in case of collisions or attachment with the part.
- 2D multi-pocketing - This function, greatly improved on previous versions, enables the detection of grooves and facilitates the detection of faces to be machined. This is an important improvement for the aerospace industry, amongst others, and protects the thin part walls of parts commonly machined by this industry.
- Management of multi-function tools - These tools have several different cutting edges accessible by a simple rotation of the tool to put the edge in a good position. Multi-function tools (also known as flash tools) can simultaneously replace, for example, an end side mill, a threading tool and a roughing tool. These tools are increasingly used, nowadays, in machining operations. TopSolid'Cam is one of the first CAM software solutions to address the multi-function tool market.
- Insert life management - This new function permits retract movements so that the operator can replace the used inserts when necessary. The programmer has the choice to change the inserts between several convenient moments (at the end of the current pass, the beginning of the following, real-time pass, etc.) The possibility to change inserts when necessary is an important improvement for the machining of hard materials, notably in the aerospace industry.
- Possibility to change the speed of the tool depending on the workload of the tool. This new function increases machining productivity (again it is an important improvement in the aerospace sector)
- TopSolid'Cam 2007 available in 64 bits - The entire TopSolid product range can now work on 64 bit computers, thereby permitting customers to work on larger projects.
About Missler Software:
Software is one of the leading global suppliers of CAD, CAM and ERP
solutions. The company's product lines include TopSolid,
TopManufacturing and GOelan. Missler Software offers a uniquely
integrated solution for the mechanical engineering industry (general
mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork ...) and for
sheet metal and wood industries.
Thanks to its advanced technology and its fully integrated solution, Missler Software is experiencing rapid growth in the global CAD/CAM market. For further information contact email@example.com or visit www.topsolid.com