Anark Corporation Releases Anark Studio 4.0
Award-winning 3D authoring and visualization platform adds major feature and performance enhancements to an already robust foundation.
Boulder, CO. November 28, 2006 - Anark Corporation today announced the release of the newest version of its flagship interactive 3D authoring application, Anark Studio 4.0. This new version of Anark’s industry leading interactive 3D application development platform is focused on increasing speed and memory management, improved workflow, optimized play-back and visual enhancements, as well as expanded animation support.
“In my experience as a 3D designer and a business professional, I have utilized a wide variety of content authoring platforms. Nothing however, has even come close to the power and functionality that can be found in Anark Studio. This cutting-edge authoring application allows me to create large scale 3D applications with robust data import and export functionality, combined with a broad array of web-based or locally hosted delivery options. With Anark Studio 4.0, I can rapidly create powerful interactive applications that consistently exceed my clients’ expectations.”
Eric Morin, President
“We made major enhancements to Anark Studio with the 4.0 release,” commented Anark CEO Stephen Collins. “This version was designed to further improve its ease of use and work flow, while improving its overall performance and delivery capabilities. Since the launch of 1.0, Anark Studio has evolved into an increasingly powerful 3D authoring solution that is capable of delivering a diverse array of enterprise-class visual applications. I’m confident that our customers will be very happy with the powerful new features and work-flow enhancements contained in the 4.0 release.”
Anark Studio has emerged as a powerful yet easy to use tool that utilizes 3D assets to enhance communication by more effectively delivering realistic product configuration, interactive training, virtual catalogs and sales and marketing presentations. With the ability to utilize existing 3D data (CAD and DCC), Anark Studio 4.0 is consistently able to deliver target applications on schedule and under budget. It further extends upon these capabilities, allowing businesses of all sizes the opportunity to integrate interactive 3D technology into their sales, marketing, and aftermarket toolsets.
Anark Studio 4.0 Key New Features
· Import Max® and Maya® Animations directly into your Anark Studio applications via integrated ColladaTM support. This exciting cross-platform file format enables 3D artists to share their 3D content and animation data directly with Anark Studio, opening up a new realm of application development opportunities. This feature strengthens Anark’s existing keyframe animation by adding additional capabilities such as fluid camera paths and character animation.
· Eight new Editing Camera modes have been added to Anark Studio 4.0, providing content developers with the ability to rapidly align or visually inspect their 3D assets. Each of these cameras includes industry standard Pan, Zoom, Orbit, and Fit Selected functionalities.
· Integrated Rulers & Snapping brings the simplicity of 2D layout into Anark Studio’s 3D environment. This feature is especially useful for designers working with Anark’s international text tools or for advanced user interface layout and alignment.
· Asset Refresh has been optimized in Anark Studio 4.0. Anark components are now directly refreshable from the library and imported assets display their reference file path for simplified asset management. As before, a single mouse click can refresh individual assets or an entire application.
· Improved Library Palette allows assets to be optimally sorted by name or asset type for improved large project and multi-developer management.
· MIP Mapping has been added to the available rendering tools in order to improve asset texture aliasing effects. This feature is instrumental in removing the appearance of “sparkles” from the surface of 3D objects, especially while the camera is moving. Overall, the use of MIP Mapping results in sharper and more realistic visuals.
For additional information and product specifications, visit www.anark.com.
To evaluate Anark Studio 4.0, contact Email Contact.
About Anark: Anark Corporation provides powerful enterprise software and solutions to organizations that need to cost effectively deliver high-end, interactive 3D based applications.
Anark customers such as Boeing, Cessna, Panasonic Avionics, Moog, Sony and Maserati improve efficiency, save money and communicate more effectively with mission-critical interactive Product Visualization, Training, Marketing Communication and User Interface applications.