API today announced the release of version 5.0 of its XD Laser Measurement Software which is also backwards compatible to the company’s legendary 5/6D laser.
“This latest release of XD software has been driven completely by the users of our systems and includes some significant enhancements that will make the system even more efficient.” said Sean Kenney, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for API.
Some new features of the V5 software include:
- More Intuitive User Interface
- Large Text Alignment Screen for Improved Shop Floor Use
- Generic CNC Program Generation for Runs
- Velocity and Acceleration Measurement
- Rotary Axis Measurement Automation
- Generic Compensation Generation
- Image Exporting for Reporting
- File conversion for other laser platform compatibility
- Data Trending for Pre and Post Compensatory Run Comparison
- Viewing Options in Compliance with Latest Standards (ISO, VDI, ASME, GB, JIS and More)
- Pilgrim and Pendulum Target Sequence Measurement.
- Dynamic Detrending of Straightness Data in the data collection process.
- Much improved data analysis function and detailed ASCII Data file report.
- X-Y table real time alignment function
- Laser real time diagnosis function
- Basic Process Capability Analysis (CPK) function for linear measurement
- Data File Management and batch printing function.
- Ethernet connection auto configuration.
About the XD Laser Measurement System
The XD Laser Measurement System has been designed from the ground up to be a modularly expandable system that can grow with the needs of a customer. The instrument is available in 1, 3, 5, and 6 Degree of Freedom configurations allowing the most efficient collection and compensation of machine tools available.