Missler Software has recently launched TopSolid'Progress 2006 for the design of progressive tools. TopSolid'Progress is a fully integrated CAD module for progressive tool design. In addition to incorporating all those functions standard to TopSolid, TopSolid'Progress enables the successful blanking of a sheet metal part and the design of the strip in half the time needed by a standard CAD software. The software manages all cutting, folding and deforming stages of the sheet metal, creation of the die set, addition of standard components together with their machining processes, creation of punches, non-standard matrices and draft creation. BlankWizard, a module available with TopSolid'Progress, allows the die designer to rapidly define the required blank and design the strip in a completely associative process. As a result, part changes are reflected immediately in the strip and tool as well as in the manufacturing tool paths.
The main improvements of the 2006 version are: TopSolid’Progress 2006 Strip creation :
Progressive tool design with TopSolid’Progress
- Calculation function of the median surface of sheet metal
- Significant improvements of the BlankWizard solver:
- Material characteristics and analytical result analysis are now available.
- Important improvements for areas containing drafts
- The possibility to generate wireframe unfolding with BlankWizard. It is possible to touch up the curves obtained in order to obtain simpler geometries in the initial stages of the strip
- Manual calculation tools for the geometry of the intermediary deformation stages. This is an important function for deformed parts realized in several stages for which it is necessary to define the geometry of these stages.
- Bending operation on the strip. There is now a new option to automaticaly prolong bends on connected neighbour faces.
- Assistant for the definition of standard die bases – TopSolid'Progress manages all types of die bases while using standard or specific plates. This new assistant can import model die bases completely equipped with guiding elements, fixations, etc.
- Improvements in the placement of tool making dedicated components
- Restructuring of the ergonomy and libraries
- Improved treatment of equipped components
- Improvement and extension of process mechanisms associated with the components
- Improved functions for the definition of components (especially for equipped components)
- Enrichment of existing libraries
- New suppliers: Strack, Rabourdin.
- Punch heads at 45°.
- Dedicated function for projection of plates.
Missler Software is one of the leading global suppliers of CAD, CAM and ERP solutions. The company's product lines include TopSolid, TopManufacturing and Goelan. Missler Software offers a uniquely integrated solution for the mechanical engineering industry (general mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork ) and for sheet metal and wood industries.
Thanks to its advanced technology and its fully integrated solution, Missler Software is experiencing rapid growth in the global CAD/CAM market. For further information contact Email Contact or visit www.topsolid.com.