San Francisco, CA – April 24, 2006 – Actify Inc., the global leader in digital design communication solutions, today announced that SpinFire Professional 8.0, the most advanced digital design communication tool available for the automotive, high technology, aerospace, industrial automation and discrete manufacturing industries, is now available. New features allow users instant access to complete and accurate design data, reducing design errors, lowering operating costs and shortening product development cycles.
"The new functionality in SpinFire Professional 8.0 was the direct result of increasing demand and feedback from customers as their needs to stay competitive evolve in their respective markets," said Randy Ochs, president and CEO of Actify Inc. "As these needs change across the different markets it became obvious that we needed a way to allow our customers to customize functionality pertinent to their own internal workflow or processes. With the new API in SpinFire Professional 8.0, customers, and developers alike, can create their own plug-ins for specialized functionality. This ultimately allows Actify customers to improve their communication and collaboration across their organizations and down through their supply chains."
New features in SpinFire Professional 8.0 include the ability to interact with Product Manufacturing Information (PMI, also known as GD&T), a plug-in application program interface (API) to create custom solutions, a completely new user interface, improved analysis capabilities, an easier exploded assembly creation tool, and more.
Key features of SpinFire Professional 8.0 include:
- The ability to view and interact with PMI annotations and is the only product on the market that has forward-reading labels during 3D dynamic camera rotation
- Expanded Exploded Animation capability – new handle-based transformations allow for easy drag and drop user-view creation and animations
- New Application Program Interface (API) that allows 3rd party developers and end users to create plug-in applications to leverage functions and technology within SpinFire Professional for customized uses and vertical industry applications
- A new Intuitive User Interface that features a new layout, grouping, style and logic of the application user interface similar to Microsoft Office
- Enhanced Markup features for notes and dimensions added to a part or assembly, now can be placed on a surface
- Improved Analysis Capabilities for removing material and retaining material cross-section modes allowing users to choose between a full cross-section view and a profile view
- Complete Part Comparisons between an original model and a second version to highlight added and/or removed material
- Save Files to Intel's U3D format for back-end archiving of design data in PDF format
Pricing for Actify SpinFire Professional 8.0 starts at $495. A free trial version of the product is available for download at www.actify.com.
About Actify Inc.
Actify Inc. is a privately held, award-winning global leader of CAD visualization and digital design communication solutions with over 8,000 customer companies throughout the automotive, high technology, aerospace, industrial automation, and discrete manufacturing industries. Actify's Suite of Products provide the lowest total cost of ownership with the highest scalability across manufacturing industries and through their supply chains. The Actify Suite of Products are sold through authorized distributors and Value Added Resellers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Actify is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information please visit www.actify.com or call 415.227.3800.
Product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.