Relational Product Design will transform Mold and Die businesses by creating the best process for designing and manufacturing molds based on cost, quality and timing. Relational Design allows organizations to take full advantage of CATIA V5’s architecture, and in conjunction with customizable intelligent templates, provides an unparalleled opportunity for this market.
“We are excited about the Relational Product Design templates that AscendBridge has developed,” says Stephen Owen, AscendBridge’s Director of Sales. “Manufacturers around the world are standardizing on CATIA V5, and the Mold Tooling industry, with its rapid engineering changes and global competitive pressures, is experiencing this progression at a dynamic pace. AscendBridge’s Mold Design and Manufacturing process is designed to provide companies with a strategic competitive advantage.”
AscendBridge will illustrate the unparalleled value of adopting the Relational Product Design Intelligent Templates process through an interactive demonstration at MME Booth # 1042.
“In today’s market, organizations that participate in the Mold Industry need to leverage their intellectual property to gain competitive advantage and to compete globally,” states David Reaume, AscendBridge’s Services Manager for Southwestern Ontario. “Adopting a relational design process will allow companies to gain that competitive edge.”
AscendBridge Solutions is a Canadian-based engineering consulting, technology services, and PLM provider that has been in business since 1989. It provides comprehensive products and services that cover the extent of the Dassault Systemes line, including CATIA, ENOVIA, and SMARTEAM. Their philosophy and approach is to deliver process-centric design software, product data management, digital manufacturing, and proprietary programs.
The unique Relational Product Design templates for the mold and die businesses will help foster best practices in processes for designing and manufacturing molds based on cost, quality, and time parameters and constraints. The Relational Design approach is intended to allow organizations employing it to optimize and exploit CATIA V5's architecture. Used in conjunction with customizable intelligent templates, this approach could provide a great opportunity for this highly competitive, cost- and time-sensitive market.
The Week's Top 5At MCADCafé we track many things, including the stories that have attracted the most interest from our subscribers. Below are the five news items that were the most viewed during last week.
CIMdata Reports that NC Software Market Grows by 6.5% in 2005
CIMdata estimates that based on end user payments, the worldwide NC software and related services market grew by 6.5% in 2005 to reach a level of $1.25 billion. Moreover, CIMdata estimates that in 2006 these payments will further increase by 7.2% to reach a level of $1.34 billion. These growth rates are the highest since 1999 when the market grew by 8.0%. There was no growth from 2000 through 2004 when the NC software market was in a recession. Since then, this market has shown steady growth as global economies have improved, there has been worldwide growth in manufacturing output, greater emphasis is being placed on efficient operation of machine tools as manufacturing firms must enhance their competitive position, and the overall PLM market, of which CAM is a component, has shown strong growth. CAM software purchases are directly related to all of these factors.
Space Systems/Loral Fuels Advanced Satellite Development With Pro/ENGINEER And Windchill
PTC announced that Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), a designer, manufacturer, and integrator of satellites and satellite systems, is upgrading to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0. SS/L has also chosen Windchill PDMlink for product development data and process management to support its strict quality standards. A long time Pro/ENGINEER user, SS/L has chosen to upgrade to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 to leverage the its industry-specific capabilities including waveguide routing, top-down design, integrated design and analysis, thermal modeler, and complex wire harness design. Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 additionally contains a host of enhancements that will help SS/L increase the productivity and efficiency of its product development processes.
University Of Cincinnati Receives $289 Million Software Grant From UGS
UGS Corp. announced an in-kind software grant with a commercial value of $289 million to enhance engineering programs at the University of Cincinnati. The in-kind software grant from UGS is the largest the University of Cincinnati has ever received. The grant includes UGS' NX, Solid Edge, and Teamcenter product suites to help students and faculty in the College of Engineering conceive, design, engineer, and validate projects using the same tools that today's leading global manufacturers employ. The grant is being made through UGS' Global Opportunities in Product Lifecycle Management (GO PLM) initiative, which leads the PLM industry in the commercial value of in-kind grants it provides at more than $2 billion annually. The initiative provides PLM technology to more than 860,000 students annually at nearly 8,400 global institutions, where it is used at every academic level -- from middle schools to graduate engineering research programs.
Noran Engineering Aims At High-End FEA User Segment With Latest Nastran Release
Noran Engineering Inc. (NEi), a developer of Nastran FEA software, announced the release of NEi Nastran V9 for high-end engineering analysis and simulation. The release is part of a product strategy intended to provide a continuous series of new simulation features, and offering customers the unique opportunity to obtain industry-specific code enhancements. Among the technology differentiators in V9 are: New Parabolic Shell Elements, Automated SuperElement Analysis, Automated Surface Contact and Weld Generation, 3D Composites Using Solid Elements, Vibration Fatigue Analysis, Combined Qualitative-Quantitative Result Assessment, and enhanced Nastran Editor with Automatic Report Generator. NEiNastran V9 also has a number of industry-specific code enhancements for its key aerospace and maritime users. Qualified users can obtain a 30-day evaluation copy of NEi Nastran V9.
Right Hemisphere Delivers Deep Server 4.0 Enterprise For 3D PDF Authoring And Publishing Automation
Right Hemisphere is shipping its next-generation release of Deep Server. The delivery of Deep Server 4.0 enterprise Product Graphics Management (PGM) software completes a major upgrade of Right Hemisphere's entire product portfolio. The portfolio upgrade also included recent releases of Deep Exploration 4.0 CAD Edition, the PMI Module, and the PDF Publishing Module, all of which automate 3D PDF publishing processes. Deep Server integrates product development and communications applications; automates part to publication processes for 2D and 3D product graphics; and manages product graphics throughout the extended enterprise.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekLead Story
- AscendBridge Solutions Introduces Relational Product Design Intelligent Templates powered By CATIA V5
- The MathWorks MATLAB 7.2 Now Supports Windows x64 Edition
- UGS Encourages Mid-Size Manufacturers To Get On "Fast Track To PLM"
- Free CD-adapco STAR-CCM+ Trial Version Available
- Zygo Designs Pilot Training Head-Mounted Displays With SolidWorks And COSMOSWorks
- Mastercam X is Certified for Autodesk Inventor 11
- SolidProfessor Releases PDMWorks Client
- ADVICS Selects SimDesigner Enterprise To Accelerate Early Design Validation
- Stratasys To Discuss Q1 Financial Results
- MSC.Software Files Form 10-K For 2004
- SofTech Announces Q3 FY 2006 Financial Results
- Moldflow Announces Preliminary Q3 2006 Fiscal Results
- Synergis Engineering Technology Expo To Deliver AutodeskTraining Sessions
- Electrolux Design Center Integrates ICEM Surf Into Its Product Design And Development Process.
- Lattice Technology Honored
- Centric Software Signs Reseller Agreement With GxP Partners
- IronCAD Signs ESI-Group as a Solution Partner to extend Simulation Based Design
- IPIFINI's Innovation Engine Software To Be Showcased AT COFES
- Metris Earns 2006 Frost & Sullivan Growth Strategy Leadership of the Year Award
- Plexus Systems And Maverick Solutions To Present Lean Manufacturing Study Results
- VersionOne's Enterprise Agile Development Suite Extends Full Life-Cycle Support
- Robert H. Lentz Wins IBSystems Award For March 2006's Most Read MCADCafe.com User Submitted Article
- Get A Head Start On Microsoft DirectX 10 With ATI's Newest SDK
- Cuts And Shifting Customer Needs Cause Restructuring And Layoffs At Boeing Wichita
- Gain Understanding Of Changing Manufacturing IT Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin To Celebrate Middle School Robotics Champions
- Automotive Students Shift To Hydrogen
- New Risk Solver Engine Offers Interactive Simulation For Making Risk Analysis In Microsoft Excel
- Ford Spends $5.5 Billion With Minority Suppliers In 2005
- Oracle Becomes First Enterprise Software Company To Receive J.D. Power And Associates Global Certification
- Florida Manufacturing: Plants Down 23; Jobs Down 1%
- Magnetek To Manufacture, Market Eaton DDC Drive Systems
- Cylogic Aerospace Begins Construction Of First Military Rocket Prototype
- Configuration Solutions Adds New Business Opportunity Management To Its PPLM Application Suite For Automotive Suppliers
- DaimlerChrysler To Sell Manufacturing Assets From Sterling Heights, MI Assembly Plant
- TMX Aerospace Selects SSA Warehouse Management Solution To Meet Supply Chain Requirements
- Alabama Manufacturing: Plants Up 54; Jobs Down 1.1%
- Emission Laws And Increased Safety Concerns To Fuel Automotive Sensors Market
- Exabyte VXA-320 Packet Drives Now Available With IBM System p And System i Servers
- NASA Achieves Black Hole Simulation Breakthrough
- Sandvik Will Close Cemented Carbide Manufacturing Operation
- Oracle Database 10g R2 Available For Solaris 10 On x64 Platforms
- Intergraph To Ring NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell
- Lattice Announces First Automotive Grade Certified Programmable Logic Product Families
- Visteon Appoints VP, Corporate Strategy
- EDS Names VP To Lead Corporate Strategy And Business Development
- Virtual Reality Pioneer Named Chief Scientist At LITE
- Spinal Implant Manufacturer Hires VP
- Plexus Systems Appoints Senior Systems Engineer
- Advances In Design, Prototyping And Manufacturing Are Topics of Pivot Points Seminar Series
- Kubotek USA Panel Discussion: In Search Of CAD Interoperability
- Senior VW Engineering Director Keynote Address At The MathWorks 2006 International Automotive Conference
- Invention Machine At PLM World 2006 Conference
- Agile Sponsors Stanford Global Supply Chain Management Forum Roundtable
- CD-adapco Webinars: Simulating Flow And Thermal Problems
- Delcam Opportunity To Meet Five-Axis Machining Experts