San Francisco, CA - March 2006 - Actify Inc., the global leader in digital design communication solutions, today announced the availability of SpinFire Professional 8.0, the most advanced digital design communication tool available for the automotive, high technology, aerospace, industrial automation and discrete manufacturing industries. New features that enhance the digital design communication process include the ability to interact with Product Manufacturing Information (PMI, also known as GD&T), a plug-in application program interface (API) to create custom solutions, a completely new user interface, improved analysis capabilities, an easier exploded assembly creation tool, and much more. The new features allow users instant access to complete and accurate design data, reducing design errors, lowering operating costs and shortening product development cycles.
"The ability for knowledge workers throughout the enterprise and supply chain to access, distribute and utilize 2D and 3D information and its associated data for their individual purposes will create a more streamlined, profitable product development process," said Julie Fraser, principal & industry analyst from Industry Directions Inc. "The new and upgraded features of Actify's SpinFire Professional 8.0 will ensure that everyone who helps develop, manufacture, install, maintain or use complex products is able to fully leverage the information-rich design data which previously was only readily available to engineering workers."
"This latest release of SpinFire Professional 8.0 gives users a more sophisticated application for their collaboration and communication needs," said Randy Ochs, president and CEO of Actify Inc. "In working with our extensive worldwide customer base, Actify prioritized the new features on those with the most significant impact on the way our customers communicate digital designs through their enterprise and supply chain. This underscores our commitment to users in the Auto, Aero, Industrial Automation and Consumer Goods industries by delivering the most powerful digital design communications application available. SpinFire Professional 8.0 is a core component of the Actify Suite of Products, offering a flexible and highly configurable solution for manufacturers looking for a competitive advantage and improved supply chain collaboration."
SpinFire Professional 8.0 makes 2D and 3D CAD data more easily accessible to both technical and non-technical users. It provides powerful 2D and 3D CAD visualization capabilities, without requiring a native CAD system, in a secure and user-friendly .3D format. This enables access, communication and distribution of multiple CAD formats throughout the enterprise and supply chain allowing companies to realize cost savings and productivity gains in all facets of product design, procurement, quoting & estimating, manufacturing, sales, marketing and support.
Key features of SpinFire Professional 8.0 include:
- The ability to view and interact with PMI annotations and is the only product on the market that has forward-reading labels during 3D dynamic camera rotation
- Expanded Exploded Animation capability – new handle-based transformations allow for easy drag and drop user-view creation and animations
- New Application Program Interface (API) that allows 3rd party developers and end users to create plug-in applications to leverage functions and technology within SpinFire Professional for customized uses and vertical industry applications
- A new Intuitive User Interface that features a new layout, grouping, style and logic of the application user interface similar to Microsoft Office
- Enhanced Markup features for notes and dimensions added to a part or assembly, now can be placed on a surface
- Improved Analysis Capabilities for removing material and retaining material cross- section modes allowing users to choose between a full cross-section view and a profile view
- Complete Part Comparisons between an original model and a second version to highlight added and/or removed material
- Save Files to Intel's U3D format for back-end archiving of design data in PDF format
Actify SpinFire Professional 8.0 will be available in mid-April, 2006. Pricing starts at $495. A free trial version of SpinFire Professional 8.0 will be available for download at www.actify.com mid-April.
About Actify Inc.
Actify Inc. is a privately held, award-winning global leader of CAD visualization and digital design communication solutions with over 8,000 customer companies throughout the automotive, high technology, aerospace, industrial automation, and discrete manufacturing industries. Actify's Suite of Products provide the lowest total cost of ownership with the highest scalability across manufacturing industries and through their supply chains. The Actify Suite of Products are sold through authorized distributors and Value Added Resellers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Actify is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For more information please visit www.actify.com or call 415.227.3800.