"These latest enhancements from GibbsCAM address the requirements of production manufacturers in today's highly competitive global market," states Bill Gibbs, founder and president of Gibbs and Associates. "In order to be competitive on a global scale, many manufacturers are turning to machining technologies which minimize setups, which reduces handling. Reducing handling from the process reduces overall production time and also improves the overall quality of parts produced."
The wide range of enhancements demonstrated address the needs of production manufacturing including programming tombstone fixtured parts, multi-task machining machine tools, and 4- and 5-axis simultaneous machining. In addition to these enhancements already released and in use by GibbsCAM customers, GibbsCAM 2006 provides users numerous enhancements which greatly improves their productivity. Key improvements of note are:
- Enhanced Hole Making – Hole AFR (automated feature recognition) supports intersecting holes, Profiler circles can be used as input to Hole Manager, enhanced hole processes, which support multiple retract levels and depths and fixture/clamp avoidance
- Operations Manager - provides a spreadsheet interface to sort and interact with large program files with large numbers of operations
- HSM Toolpath Modification – introduces arcs and feedrate changes to minimize the effect of direction changes in the toolpath
- Enhanced Tool Holder Support – introduces a comprehensive library of milling tool holders along with corresponding tool holder support in process simulation
- Surface Flow Gouge Checking – introduces gouge checking to surface flow process
- Enhanced OpenGL support – improves solid model rendering performance with true color and material properties, multiple/colored light sources, shadows and transparent working planes.
- Enhanced Network Licensing - allows multiple GibbsCAM sessions to be launched on a single PC without checking out additional licenses
- Enhanced CAD Compatibility - ensures full compatibility with popular mainstream, PC-based CAD systems: Autodesk Inventor R11, Solid Edge V17, and SolidWorks 2006
About Gibbs and Associates
Gibbs and Associates continues to be a leader provider of cutting edge CAD/CAM technology, while maintaining its signature ease-of-use and productivity. Powerfully Simple, Simply Powerful is the guiding philosophy at Gibbs. Gibbs believes in empowering the NC programmer, machinist, and manufacturing engineer, not eliminating them. Gibbs' goal is to introduce manufacturers to new technologies and new ways of working that makes their machining easier and their businesses more profitable. To achieve this goal, Gibbs creates tools that are naturally intuitive, graphically interactive, extremely visual, associative, and just plain enjoyable to use. Gibbs provides a total quality solution with the service and support successful customers require. The current GibbsCAM product line supports 2- through 5-axis milling, turning, mill/turning, multi-task simultaneous machining and wire-EDM. GibbsCAM also provides fully integrated manufacturing modeling capabilities that include 2D, 2.5D, 3D wireframe, surface, and solid modeling. GibbsCAM has received Microsoft's "Designed for Windows XP/2000" certification. GibbsCAM's data exchange capabilities are able to access the broadest range of native and industry standard CAD data formats. GibbsCAM is certified under the Autodesk Inventor Certified Application Program, is a Solid Edge Certified Select Product, and is a SolidWorks Certified CAM Product. GibbsCAM is either offered or endorsed by a number of leading worldwide control and machine tool manufacturers, including GE Fanuc, Siemens, Daewoo, Fadal, Haas, Index, Mazak, and Mitsubishi. Gibbs and Associates distributes its products worldwide through a network of international Resellers. For more information about Gibbs and Associates and its CAM software packages, call 1-800-654-9399, or visit the company on-line at www.GibbsCAM.com.
The Gibbs logo, GibbsCAM, GibbsCAM logo, Virtual Gibbs, Gibbs SFP, SolidSurfacer, MTM and "Powerfully Simple. Simply Powerful." are either trademark(s) or registered trademark(s) in the United States and/or other countries of Gibbs and Associates. Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Yvonne Anderson Gibbs and Associates (805) 523-0004 (805) 523-0006 (Fax) Email Contact