Product Sight Becomes a Foundation Partner in the UGS Partner Program
Product Sight Brings Competitive Advantages for UGS Teamcenter Customers to Drive Their Top Business Initiatives
Bellevue, WA, September 21, 2005 – Product Sight Corporation, technology leaders in product data search, today announced that it has further enhanced its alliance with UGS, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, with advancement to Foundation level in the UGS Partner Program. This advancement indicates Product Sight has established a relationship with UGS that is centered on the adoption of UGS’ Foundation technologies. UGS Foundation Partners are able to participate in specifically defined joint sales and marketing activities.
Product Sight extends UGS’ Teamcenter® digital lifecycle management software portfolio with a search powered approach for finding and connecting related product information for global teams, extended lifecycle processes, and uniform product specifications. This approach offers unique advantages because it extracts product-related data from many different sources and automatically discovers inter-relationships buried in content such as technical documents, CAD, PDM and application databases.
“Because UGS maintains a consistent focus on our customers’ business success, we are constantly searching for innovative partner solutions,” said Bill Boswell, senior director, Teamcenter Marketing, UGS. “We’re pleased to add Product Sight as a UGS Foundation Partner because their integrated solution extends PLM searches to include inventory, costing, or supply chain information discovered from a wide variety of information systems. This multiple system search and classification aspect of Product Sight can significantly reduce the effort necessary to gather related information.”
Product Sight helps UGS customers gain innovation effectiveness by speeding profitable new product delivery with integrated tools for:
1. Extended product data search to easily find related information from multiple IT systems and network locations, automatically classified for how it is connected to Teamcenter lifecycle processes
2. As-is product data discovery, analysis, knowledge mining, migration, and loading for comprehensive Teamcenter data management and control
When people can easily access existing information related to a new idea, they can speed the time from concept through design to manufacturing along with improved decision support to better manage the related costs and risks.
“With this announcement UGS has reinforced its commitment to help Teamcenter customers drive critical business initiatives for new product development and introduction, global product development, and regulatory compliance,” said Bruce Winegarden, President and CEO, Product Sight. “Our Product Sight team got to interact with many of the Teamcenter product managers as part of the rigorous Foundation Partnership review. I am impressed with their vision and execution as a company and appreciate their recognition of the complementary added value that Product Sight brings for Teamcenter customers.”
Product Sight Search Extensions
Product Sight helps Teamcenter PLM users streamline product lifecycle decisions and activities that:
* Extend PLM searches to include inventory, costing, or supply chain information discovered from other information systems.
* Streamline product lifecycle decisions and activities with one look searches to find related items both inside and outside of a PLM/PDM system.
* Product data capture with “manage as needed” for just-in-time PLM control as information evolves through lifecycle stages
* Extract product data content for publication and reuse in other applications or formats
* Share and exchange product data across departments, customers, and suppliers
Product Sight Search FindView extension provides a zero-training UI for one look searches that combine results from Teamcenter, along with other sources such as network drives, e-mail, document management vaults, plus ERP parts and BOMs. People don’t need to think about whether they are looking for Documents, Parts, or Process Task items because it searches across all PLM object types simultaneously.
Product Sight Deployment Solutions
Product Sight helps IT teams accelerate UGS Teamcenter deployment, migration, and adoption:
* Discover related and overlapping information within existing information systems
* Collect product and part data from multiple existing sources into universal product data hub
* Facilitate staged deployments for more flexible IT transition to new enterprise applications
* Incrementally migrate priority data and track and synchronize updates between cutover systems during extended transition timeframes.
Product Sight Alchemist uses a search powered approach to automate discovery of existing product data assets across corporate networks and legacy databases, then provides the capabilities for analysis, knowledge mining, normalization and cleansing needed to migrate the most relevant and useful data into a Teamcenter PLM system.
About Product Sight Corporation
Product Sight - Search Powered PLM is the fastest way to leverage product data content and win competitive advantage. Search powered companies make superior business decisions and rapidly respond to business demands. Product Sight’s unique search technology is specialized for product data and automates discovery from content such as technical documents, CAD, and ERP. It complements existing PLM/PDM systems or is the logical starting point of a PLM strategy.
More information is available at
www.productsight.com or at (425) 467-7117 x223.
Product Sight, Product Sight Lifecycle Environment, and SyncroSpec are trademarks of Product Sight Corporation. FindView is a registered trademark of Product Sight Corporation. Any other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Product Sight Contact:
(425) 467-7117 x223
Strategic Reach Inc