In the search for competitive advantage, a well-trained and flexible workforce can adapt quickly and easily to new opportunities. Working within a structure that is clearly aligned with corporate strategy, companies can drive revenues up, keep costs down, and clearly differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
Karen Bowman, president of Employee Care at Convergys said, "Aligning the workforce to business objectives is clearly top of mind among executives today. Convergys provides globally integrated HR solutions that help clients gain visibility into the trends and profiles of their workforce. This critical HR intelligence helps them accurately plan business initiatives and maximize their return on human capital investments."
Conducted between March and August 2004, Convergys' Workforce Agility Study consisted of two parts:
- In-person interviews with C-level and top human resources executives at U.S. and European companies in a wide range of industries. Each of these industry leaders is a Fortune Most Admired Company and was selected based on its reputation for using human capital and its overall financial performance. The survey, conducted by Saratoga /PricewaterhouseCoopers and the University of Michigan School of Business and Education Professor Richard W. Beatty, sought to determine best practices in workforce agility and alignment.
- Telephone interviews of HR, operations, and finance executives at some 300 companies in the US and Europe. Each of the companies reports more than $1 billion in annual revenue and most have more than 13,000 employees worldwide. Respondents have responsibility for setting or executing workforce strategy; roughly 40% were HR executives; 30% were operations executives; 30% were finance executives. The survey sought to determine the degree to which these companies had adopted the best practices identified in the first part of the study.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekTop Stories
- Moldflow Announces MoldflowWorks for SolidWorks 2005
- Solid Edge Voyager Program Adds 15 Partners In First Half Of 2004
- Engineering Students At Oxford Brookes University Get In Gear With SolidWorks And COSMOSWorks
- Moldflow Announces Moldflow Magics STL Expert 1.0
- Tegron, Osgood Industries Gain Competitive Advantage With Autodesk Manufacturing Software
- MISUMI USA Creates "Virtual Tool Shop" For Machinery Components With SolidWorks 3D PartStream.NET
- ART VPS Adds HDRI lighting To CATIA interface
- VISTAGY Announces FiberSIM 5.0 Software For Composites Design
- Lattice3D Selected As Finalist In Great Ideas Competition 2004
- Motor-CAD - A Revolutionary 3D Thermal Solution For Motors And Generators
- New TopSolid Resellers In Turkey.
- FE-DESIGN Appointed By Noesis Solutions As Main Distributor For OPTIMUS In Germany, Austria, And Switzerland
- Moldflow Releases Moldflow Design Link 5.0
- Streamline Manufacturing with EdgeCAM Strategy Manager
- Seeber Italy Invests in the MSC.MasterKey Licensing System To Improve Virtual Product Development
- Lattice3D Teams With Major Automotive Integrator
- Fluent Awarded General Services Administration Contract For CFD
- Surface Specialties UCB Rolls Out Sopheon's Product Development System To Streamline Innovation Process
- Hundreds Enhance SolidWorks Skills And Knowledge At Graphics Systems' Third Annual Midwest SolidWorks User Conference
- Delphi Works To Help With A Major Commercial Vehicle Problem - Blind Spots
- Barnes Group Acquires DE-STA-CO Manufacturing
- Production-Grade Prototypes And Rapid Manufacturing: Valla Satisfies Demanding New Applications With Somos ProtoFunctional Materials
- Pennsylvania Labor And Industry Secretary Comments On Unstable Job Market; Manufacturing Jobs Hit Record Low
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Resources Loom As Critical Component For Future Of U.S. Manufacturing
- CMAI Completes 2005 World Polyolefins Analysis
- Delphi Develops Technology For Commercial Vehicle "Safety Cocoon"
- World's Top Collegiate Programmers Go Head-To-Head At IBM-Sponsored "Battle of the Brains"
- The European Space Agency Technical Centre ESA-ESTEC To Select The FEA/MBS Code SAMCEF For Lightweight Space Structures
- SpaceTEC And RWD Technologies Unveil National Online Aerospace Technician Certification Examinations
- Delphi Wins Strategic New Business, Partner Status With John Deere
- ImpactXoft's CTO To Demonstrate Simultaneous Product Development Technology At CATIA Operators Exchange
- Solid Edge Local User Groups Join for Major Midwestern Meeting
- Axial Turbine Design And Optimization Course To Be Offered
- 'Keeping American Manufacturing Competitive In A Global Economy' - Grant Aldonas, U.S. Department Of Commerce Headlines FABTECH 2004 Conference
- INCAT iproducts And Aerospace Expertise Will Be Highlighted At Aero COE
- CoCreate And Managing Automation Announce Globalization Webcast
- Delcam To Show Benefits Of Machining And Inspection Integration At JIMTOF
- Autodesk To Present At Banc Of America Securities Annual Investment Conference