Delphi Medical Secures $50 Million Contract With Monitoring Devices CompanyDelphi Medical Systems Corp., a subsidiary of Delphi Corp., has secured nearly $50 million in new business with Zoe Medical, a vital signs monitoring devices company.
Over the course of this exclusive manufacturing contract, Delphi Medical Systems will supply all of Zoe Medical's vital signs monitoring devices and accessories, bringing world-class manufacturing to Zoe's product portfolio, leveraging Delphi's technology expertise, purchasing power, and global footprint.
"Working with Zoe is a significant win in our continued growth into medical device markets," said Christophe Sevrain, managing director of Delphi Medical Systems. "This is another example of how Delphi's history of very high reliability and lean manufacturing processes will help maintain Zoe's reputation as an industry innovator with its customers."
Bengt Hermanrud, CEO of Zoe Medical, said, "Zoe Medical is fulfilling its mission to delight clinicians and patients with sophisticated, lightweight monitoring systems. Our systems, which can be utilized both inside and outside the hospital, provide cost-effective solutions and the highest standard of care patient monitoring. Cooperation with Delphi Medical Systems will ensure a continuous, high-quality supply of innovative Zoe products."
Zoe Medical, a Massachusetts-based company, builds patient monitoring solutions that are designed to meet the needs of today's changing health care system. Zoe Medical focuses its products and services in two areas -- the sub-acute care unit and Disease State Management programs and have sold successfully in the alternate site and hospital markets for years. Alternate sites are health care facilities other than hospitals such as home care, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, doctors' offices, specialized clinics and ambulatory care vehicles.
Delphi is probably best known as a "mega" automotive supplier (overall, it will probably do in excess of $30 billion this year), and although the former GM holding is still the largest tier-one automotive supplier in the world, it has diversified its business into several different market sectors, including medical products. It is this diversification that has helped it financially in a big way, while many of its tier-one automotive peers stagnate or suffer losses. Its capabilities stem from Delphi's vast technology base, product development, and manufacturing expertise. Delphi Medical Systems provides technology, products, and product development and manufacturing for the following four major medical market segments:
- Dialysis - fluid handling, thermal management, electronic controls, sensor technologies, communication systems, power management, human interface, and molding technology.
- Infusion - Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), power management, connection systems, wireless communications, electronic controls, bar-coding/security systems, sensor technology, human interface, and molding technology.
- Respiratory - electronic controls, MEMS, human interface, power and thermal management, wireless technologies, and precision molding.
- Vital Signs Monitoring - wireless technologies, electronic controls, MEMS, human interface, and power management,
ENGINEERING.com Partners With Actify and BlueSky LLCENGINEERING.com has released the ENGINEERING.com Collaboration Suite, a hosted collaboration solution for manufacturers based on technology from BlueSky Solutions LLC and Actify, Inc. Complete with file viewing, collaboration, project management and workflow, the ENGINEERING.com Collaboration Suite helps companies manage their new product introductions across distributed design and manufacturing teams.
ENGINEERING.com is an Internet-based business committed to delivering best-in-class engineering solutions to the global engineering community. Actify is the worldwide leader in design visualization solutions for the high technology, automotive, industrial automation and discrete manufacturing industries. BlueSky Solutions is a leading provider of web based collaboration solutions for global outsourced companies. Together, these companies' products address the needs of manufacturers to extend their design data beyond their engineering departments, with the ease of implementation and economy of a hosted solution.
"We were the first customer to purchase the ENGINEERING.com Collaboration Suite to help us manage product launches and coordinate our design requirements with our primary manufacturers in China," said Monty Allen of IN ZONE Brands Inc. of Austell GA. "With Collaboration Suite, our suppliers can communicate with us without having to use their CAD systems, and we can manage our projects collaboratively without resorting to faxes, FTP or email. The investment was surprisingly small, and the return has been immediate."
"At ENGINEERING.com, we believe in providing hosted solutions that are proven to be lower risk, faster to deploy and lower cost for small and mid-sized manufacturers. Our search for the world's best engineering collaboration applications led us to select technology from BlueSky and Actify as the foundation for this new offering," stated John Hayes, President of ENGINEERING.com.
Chad Poole, President of BlueSky added "Our Alventive solution is in use at leading manufacturers, such as GE Medical Systems Inc.; Hitachi Ltd.; and Waterloo Industries Inc. Through our partnership with ENGINEERING.com we have made our collaboration solution more accessible for North American manufacturers who can now be up and running in hours."
"We are convinced that no other visualization solution comes close to Actify in providing such a rich set of features that can be called 'true' digital design communication," said Randy Ochs, President and CEO of Actify. "We are pleased to partner with ENGINEERING.com to offer our industry-leading viewing technology on a subscription basis so that product management teams can more readily share their critical design data with suppliers, customers, and internal users."
ENGINEERING.com is a big part of Rand Worldwide, a global-scale engineering software conglomerate that resells, integrates, implements, trains/educates, and develops custom MCAD and PLM software. The ENGINEERING.com Web site and Internet-based software and business serves as a diverse resource for the engineering community. ENGINEERING.com offers deployed and hosted engineering solutions to manufacturers and design consultants around the world. Founded in 1996, Actify is a provider of client/server CAD visualization technologies. Actify's SpinFire product line provides a low total cost of ownership with high levels of scalability across manufacturing industries and through supply chains. BlueSky's Alventive collaboration software provides the visibility, orchestration, and tracking required to manage the many tasks and processes related to product introduction and development. Alventive was founded in 1990 as Visionary Design Systems, and in 2000, changed its name to Alventive, and launched a new company dedicated to collaboration. Together, these three companies seem to complement the functions and capabilities of each other. All in all, the formation of this unique partnership should bode well for the companies taking part, as well as current and future potential customers.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekTop Stories
- Delphi Medical Wins $50 Million Contract With New Customer
- ENGINEERING.com Announces Development Partnership with Actify and BlueSky LLC
- MSC.Software Rejects Unsolicited ValueAct Capital Letter and Amends Rights Plan
- Autodesk Inventor Series Subscription Customers To Receive Preview Of New Functional Design Features
- CoCreate Named To Forbes "Best of the Web" Directory For 2nd Consecutive Year
- MSC.Software to Host Conference Call To Discuss Q3 Results
- SolidVision Releases PropertyWorks 2.0 Advanced Property Management Software
- Tecnomatix And Kineo Partner To Solve Critical Production Simulation Challenges
- Computer Aided Technology Improves SolidWorks Training Offerings
- Phoenix Closures Realizes Engineering Design Success With SolidWorks
- 3D Systems Introduces New Hearing Aid Shell Manufacturing System
- Stratasys to Hold Conference Call to Discuss Third Quarter 2004 Financial Results
- TopSolid To Release Progress 2005 For Progressive Tool Design
- Fishbowl Solutions Launches Website To Deliver Solutions For PTC Customers
- New Technologies From AVEVA And Autodesk Alliance Mark First Year
- Delcam to show complete CADCAM system for footwear at Asian seminars
- SAMTECH To Offer FEA Software To Wind Energy Sector With SAMCEF For Wind Turbines
- Autodesk Celebrates 10th Anniversary In China Region By Establishing New Wholly-Owned Subsidiary
- SmartDraw.com Introduces New Solution For Professional Drawings, Charts, Diagrams, And More
- Tech Ed Concepts Offers A New Training Option For KEYCREATOR
- Delcam, Roeders, And Mitsubishi Carbide Forge Closer Relationship
- Tecnomatix Schedules Third Quarter 2004 Results Conference Call
- Industrial Manufacturers More Upbeat About Own Prospects Than The Economy's, According To PricewaterhouseCoopers' Manufacturing Barometer Survey
- EDS Forms Industry Alliance Dedicated to Driving Next Generation Delivery of Technology and Business Services
- Visteon Announces Q3 Results
- CMSsoftware Launches Microsoft.net-Based ERP Solution
- IBM Launches New Embedded Systems Lifecycle Management Initiative To Help OEM's And Suppliers Stay In The Driver's Seat
- Dana Corporation Showcases Fuel-Cell Advancements At Convergence 2004 Automotive Electronics Show
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education Enhances Customer Service With Advanced Knowledge-Management Technology
- 2005 Automotive News Pace Award Finalists Named
- Delphi Introduces Smart Service System Process
- Evolution Robotics Offers NorthStar Development Kit To Research And Academic Institutions
- Wonderware Announces First Business-To-Manufacturing System Collaboration Using SAP NetWeaver
- Jon Peddie Elected to Board of Directors of Cyon Research Corporation
- MSC.Software Appoints John Laskey as New CFO
- Aerospace, Defense Leaders To Review More Than $500 Billion In Upcoming Program Work At Aviation Week's Conference
- ImpactXoft To Debut IX Style At IDSA Industrial Design Conference
- Daratech Announces daratechPLANT2005 - January 24-26, Houston, Texas
- LogicTools CEO Keynote At ASUG 2004 Extended Supply Chain And Manufacturing Forum
- Fred Davis To Speak At SofTECH's Gadget Night