UGS Expands Relationship With Microsoft To Develop Comprehensive New Integration Between Teamcenter And Microsoft Business Solutions
UGS Corp. announced that it has expanded its relationship with Microsoft. This expansion will include the integration of Microsoft's business application management platform and UGS' Teamcenter PLM solutions to provide a single source for product and process data allowing easy access and reuse of data. Expansion of the current relationship is based on increasing customer demand for business solutions like enterprise resource planning (ERP) and PLM that work together to improve a customers' ability to transform its process of innovation to bring unique products to market at reduced cost and faster time to market. Extending the reach of Teamcenter from enterprise to mid-market ERP systems allows companies of all sizes to effectively and efficiently implement PLM, expanding access to a broader range of customers.
OpenDXM Offers Greater Ease Of Use And Flexibility
The new Version 5.1 of the engineering data workflow solution OpenDXM provides a significant increase with regard to ease of use and the degree of flexibility. PROSTEP AG recently commenced delivery of the software to its customers. The Darmstadt-headquartered product data integration specialists have incorporated numerous customer requirements in their further development of the data exchange solution with the implementation of a number of new functions. In addition, optional extensions such as an OpenDXM archive server extension, an eMatrix integration package and a HyperKVS extension are also available. Additional direct integration packages for CAD and PDM/TDM systems such as, for example, a CATIA V5 direct integration package and a SmarTeam integration package are currently being developed.
CoCreate Introduces OneSpace Live!
CoCreate Software, Inc., has announced OneSpace Live! - an engineering Web meeting tool for online design reviews. OneSpace Live! packages the web meeting components from OneSpace.net into a simplified product offered at half the price. In addition to high performance application sharing optimized for 2D/3D CAD and rich graphic applications, OneSpace Live! Features include:
- Online presence detection and instant messaging.
- Meeting notes and screen capture tools for markup and decision tracking.
- Simplified meeting scheduling from Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes.
- A team workspace directly integrated with Windows Explorer for sharing files.
- Always-on SSL security and user authentication.
UGS Corp. announced leading PLM industry analyst firm, AMR Research, in a June 2005 report by Michael Burkett entitled "The CIO's Guide to the PERFECT Product Launch: Translating Innovation to Business Benefit," shows that UGS received high marks across all five PLM categories. As part of the report, AMR Research ranked the top 18 PLM vendors across five PLM categories: Collaborative Product Design, Product Data Management, Product Portfolio Management, Direct Material Sourcing and Customer Needs Management. UGS received strong ratings in all five categories, and were among the highest rated in the Collaborative Product Design, Product Data Management and Customer Needs Management categories.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor and publisher of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached here or 408.850.9230.
This WeekLead Story
- ENGINEERING.com Announces Agreement To Purchase Alventive Software
- Lattice3D Awarded In START Magazine's "Hottest Companies" Issue
- NVP Portfolio Company Arbortext To Be Acquired By PTC
- i2 Announces Transaction Aimed At Strengthening Its Balance Sheet
- Hitachi Consulting Explores PLM Trends And Innovations With Technology Companies
- Surfware Reports 24% Growth In Q2 2005
- ANSYS Takes Spot On Fortune Small Business Annual "Fastest-Growing" List
- CCE Releases SW/Pro -- SolidWorks-To-Pro/ENGINEER Direct Translator
- i2 Completes Sale Of Trade Service Corporation
- KollabNet Debuts Powerful New Suite Of Systems Engineering Tools
- Samco Machinery Implements iCenter For Autodesk Inventor
- Theorem's Data Exchange Navigator Speeds Selection And Translation Of Information From Large Assembly Files
- 3DCADTips.com Adds 1,500+ Resources In June
- web2CAD TraceParts Registers Its 300,000th Internet User
- Delcam Expands Shanghai Office To Meet Growing Demand
- Materialise, Saddleback, And NCACT Alliance Promotes Rapid Prototyping
- Dassault Systemes Schedules Second Quarter 2005 Conference Call Webcast
- Delcam Software Takes New Jeep From Prototype To Production
- IRISCO Issues White Paper On CAD/PLM-To-ERP Data Exchange
- India's Contract-Manufacturing Revenue To Nearly Triple By 2009
- AMR Research Releases Supply Chain Market Report Showing 4% Growth Rate In 2004, Reversing Two-Year Decline
- Applied Dynamics International's ADvantage Real-Time Simulation Framework Selected By Gulfstream Aerospace For Aircraft Development
- KUKA Robotics Introduces Industry's Largest and Strongest Clean Room Robots
- Green Hills Software's Operating System Selected For Boeing 787 Flight Control Electronics
- Nanopositioning Technology Manufacturer Selects SSA Global
- CD-adapco Announces Participation In 7th World Congress Of Chemical Engineering
- Upcoming Durability & Fatigue Seminars
- ArtCAM Users To Meet In Florida