The integrated TopSolid CAD/CAM solution is more often than not associated with mechanical engineering and machining. It is of course a multi-sector software offering tailored solutions for such fields as mechanical engineering, sheet metal, tool making, wood and more recently the ship building sector. TopSolid'Design and TopSolid'Wood together with the CAM solutions TopSolid'Cam, TopSolid'WoodCam and TopSolid'PunchCut offer an integrated solution for the production of boats.
TopSolid, an integrated CAD/CAM solution for the marine industry
TopSolid’Wood for interior boat design
Increasingly boat designers are converting to 3D CAD systems as collision detection is now a key factor in the design of increasingly complex and compact boats. This will obviously favour 3D CAD/CAM editors in general. TopSolid, however, has an advantage over the solutions offered by many competitors: Technically, it is a very attractive solution for boat designers for the following reasons:
- Powerful importation and recuperation of data
- Strong geometrical tools which allow free positioning in space
- Wood and sheet metal solutions available thereby offering a complete CAD solution (both the interior and exterior of the boat can de designed using TopSolid)
- Comprehensive library of marine components – this library is currently being enriched with various suppliers
- TopSolid'PDM which manages large assemblies such as boats containing many components
- A solid experience in the domain which has matured over the years
Some TopSolid references
Judel/Vrolijk & co is among the world leaders in designing racing yachts for international competitions such as the America's Cup, Admirals's Cup, Copa del Rey,etc. The winner of the Admirals Cup in 2002 named the « Illbruck » was designed using TopSolid. Such TopSolid functions for importing free-form surfaces and the combination of surface models and solids are important for the German based ship builder.
Simrad, a TopSolid client, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of marine electronics. In July 2004, the company acquired 2 TopSolid stations to design its entire product range. TopSolid enables Simrad to present its products schematically with a realistic 3D rendering. In addition, many shipyards use TopSolid which facilitates the exchange of files between Simrad and its clients.
The boat designer Guillaume Kruyskamp, now a member of the group Superyacht France, takes full advantage of the cinematic functions as well as the surface and parametric functions in TopSolid. He also uses TopSolid'Castor, the integrated TopSolid structural calculation module, to optimize the hulls of sail boats.
Missler Software will participate in the following 3 international boat shows in September and October:
- The Grand Pavois: 7-12 September, La Rochelle, France. Missler Software will participate with Simrad on stand F09/E14
- The Monaco Yacht Show: 21-24 September, with Simrad. Stand: Darse Sud. TopSolid clients Judel & Vrolijk, THG and Guillaume Kruyskamp will also exhibit at this fair
- Alumotive: 20-22 October, Modena, Italy. TopSolid clients Vismara Yacht Design and Picco Yacht Design will intervene in TopSolid presentations during the fair.
Missler Software is one of the leading global suppliers of CAD, CAM and ERP solutions. The company's product lines include TopSolid, TopManufacturing and Goelan. Missler Software offers a uniquely integrated solution for the mechanical engineering industry (general mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork ) and for sheet metal and wood industries.
Thanks to its advanced technology and its fully integrated solution, Missler Software is experiencing rapid growth in the global CAD/CAM market. For further information contact Email Contact or visit www.topsolid.com & www.cimsolutions.com.au
|Missler Software||email : Email Contact|
|7 Rue du Bois Sauvage||web : www.topsolid.com|
|91055, Evry||Tel : +33 16087 20 20|