Many technologies and programs center around the environment, including diesel
Much of this news will focus on two of Delphi's principal concerns in Europe: Helping protect the environment and helping better protect motorists through innovative safety technologies.
"Two of our main product goals are to help take the automobile out of the environmental equation, and to help protect motorists throughout the entire driving experience," said Volker Barth, president, Delphi Europe, Middle East and Africa. "With the environment, we are developing new technologies that will help automakers produce better-performing vehicles that improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and more. With safety, we are developing new technologies that will help protect drivers and occupants during every day driving, as well as before, during and after a collision event. We are particularly proud to push the boundaries on what is technically possible and commercially viable."
In environmental-related news, Delphi will show a new halogen-free, recyclable cable that may be the most significant breakthrough in wiring technology in 30 years.
Among its many safety technologies, Delphi will show a first-ever integrated Driver Protection Module, which offers drivers up to 27 percent more protection from serious injury during a frontal collision based on crash simulations.
Anticipated new product introductions include:
* Low-cost Infrared Side Alert System, designed to help drivers be more aware of vehicles in their blind spots when changing lanes and making turns.
* Delphi's new Slush Cast TPO Skin, which provides low-cost interior luxury by using breakthrough design and process technology.
* Delphi's latest mobile multi media technology for post-purchase installation, including a new hands-free application using Bluetooth technology for added driver safety.
* Innovative illumination technologies for interior comfort and personalization.
New applications include:
* Diesel common rail for a new range of prestigious passenger car engines.
* A world-leading air suspension system, an innovative new roll-control system and adaptive cruise control for one of the most powerful, most dynamically capable SUVs ever produced.
* A new Power Sliding Door planned for a European application in a new vehicle sector.
For more information about Delphi, visit the Virtual Press Room is at http://www.delphi.com/media .
Forward looking statement
All statements contained or incorporated in this press release which address operating performance, events or developments that we expect or anticipate may occur in the future (including statements relating to future sales or earnings expectations, savings expected as a result of our global restructurings or other initiatives, portfolio restructuring plans, volume growth, awarded sales contracts and earnings per share expectations or statements expressing general optimism about future operating results) are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are made on the basis of management's current views and assumptions with respect to future events. Important factors, risks and uncertainties which may cause actual results to differ from those expressed in our forward-looking statements are discussed in detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003 and our disclosures filed regarding the status of the ongoing internal investigation being conducted by the audit committee of the Company's board of directors and related SEC investigation. Delphi does not intend or assume any obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Carrie Wright of Delphi Corp., +1-989-757-4043
Web site: http://www.delphi.com/media/