The addition of five-axis machining complements the existing 2-1/2-axis machining, 2 and 4-axis wire EDM, 3D and HSM CAM together with dedicated design applications for plastic injection tools and progressive dies.
According to Giovanni Opimitti, Vero International Inc. president, “Today’s fiercely competitive engineering environments require integrated tools that help manufacturers generate accurate parts within increasingly short cycle times. The 5-axis capability embedded within VISI is breakthrough technology that helps users address product machining specifications -- saving time and money while reducing risks for errors.”
5-Axis Machining Features:
- Deep Cavity – A 5-axis tool path allows for shorter tools to maintain a consistent and quality surface finish. Five-axis tool paths for deep cavity molds also benefits from shorter tool paths and reduced cutting time.
- Surface Machining – Five-axis surface machining is particularly useful for machining mold cores where a short tool length results in improved, consistent surface finish with less deflection.
- Port Machining -- Five-axis port machining routines provide the optimal approach to manufacturing engine ports such as inlet and exhaust manifolds. This is particularly beneficial for addressing complex issues such as optimizing emissions controls and torque.
- Impeller Blade/ Turbine Blades – Multi-axis machining of impeller blades is improved by the use of swarf machining together with a sophisticated tool holder collision control and axis limitation to ensure a high quality surface.
- Swarf Milling – Swarf milling is used for machining or trimming vacuum formed or reinforced plastic molded components. This process eliminates the traditional effort and extra time associated with trimming excess material using other tools. The Swarf cutting routine uses flat bottom cutters to remove excess material.
- Tool Types and Collision Control – The 5-axis application includes Flat Bottom end mills, Ball Nose, Bull Nose (radii), Conical, Lollypop, and T-slot type tools. Complete collision control for each tool and tool path is included.
The VISI 5-axis application is available today. Contact your local Vero sales office.
About Vero International
Headquartered in England, Vero International (VI) is composed of the VERO operating companies. The company designs, develops and supplies CAD and CAM software that radically enhances the efficiency of design and manufacturing processes. Its software applications enable leading edge design that drives machine tools to cut the designed component. Its corporate aim is to become the leading supplier within key sectors of the CAD/CAM industry such as plastics injection molds and progressive dies, providing its customers with exceptional value through high productivity gains and significantly reducing time to market. VI operates offices in Europe, Japan, and North America. It has more than 15,000 VISI customers worldwide. For more information about Vero International and its products, visit www.veroint.com.
Vero International USA contact:
Giovanni Opimitti, president
248 644 4956
Public relations contact:
440 247 8653