LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 9, 2002--Structural Research & Analysis Corp. (SRAC), a leading developer of advanced computer-aided engineering (CAE) software solutions, today announced the latest release of its flagship product, COSMOS/M(TM). One of the most comprehensive and sophisticated analysis packages available, COSMOS/M(TM) 2.7 offers significant enhancements to the software's already tremendous range of analysis capabilities.
COSMOS/M is a modular system that runs on Windows NT®, Windows® 95, 98 & 2000. Its capabilities include modeling, meshing and visualization of parts as well as assemblies, comprehensive analysis capabilities, and design optimization. Version 2.7 improvements include:
Pre- and Post-processing
- New option has been added to display graphically the material orientation for orthotropic and composite elements.
- Supports 2D elements created in a plane other than the global XY-plane.
- New commands have been added to specify and list mode check options for frequency analysis, providing tools for recognition and checking of mode shapes obtained from experimental testing or other finite element systems.
- New commands have been added to list forces in spring elements.
Linear Static Analysis
Buckling and Frequency Analysis
- Supports multiple (up to 5) coordinate systems in defining constraints at a node, faster iterative solvers for buckling analysis, no limit on the number of frequencies that can be analyzed.
- Modal comparison between primary and secondary models.
Dynamic Response Analysis
Nonlinear Static and Dynamic Analysis
Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics
-- Constant Loss Coefficients -- Friction Factor -- Free Area Ratio -- Pressure-Flow Rate Curve -- Permeability Coefficient (Darcy equation)
COSMOS/M is sold as a stand-alone product and also as an add-on for COSMOS/Works and COSMOS/DesignSTAR.
About Structural Research & Analysis Corporation
A wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systemes S.A. (Euronext
Paris No. 13065, DSY.PA) (Nasdaq:
news), Structural Research &
Analysis Corporation develops and markets the COSMOS/ suite of design
analysis software products for the mechanical computer-aided
engineering market. For more information and a product demonstration,
contact your local COSMOS/ distributor or reseller today, or call SRAC
directly at 800/469-7287 (outside of North America, call
310/207-2800). For the latest news and information from SRAC, see the
company's web site
Structural Research & Analysis Corporation Nicole Jones, Marketing Manager, 310/207-2800, ext. 728 E-mail: Email Contact www.cosmosm.com