(2) Leadership capacity in a 2U rack server - up to 224 Terabytes of direct attach storage per server. The highest storage density in any 2U server of any of the vendors' public products showing on internet search.
(3) Depending on workload as not all Big Data workloads are the same. Traditional MapReduce workloads had 16 percent better price/performance, with double the density and half the Watts. HBase had twice the performance for an equivalently-priced system. HP internal testing, April 2015.
(4) HP Labs. Based on HA and field data modeling, August 2013. Peter Piet and Bruce Edson, using Markov chain high availability modeling, running applications on separate nPars vs. running them together on the same nPar using virtual machines. HP, California. August 2013. HA modeling and field data supports these claims. Doug Davies, HA modeling of Superdome X vs. SD2 and DL980. Date - 8/30/2013. HA modeling and field data supports these claims.
(5) Compares an 8-socket Superdome X server and HP 3PAR StoreServ 7440c running RHEL and Serviceguard for Linux versus an Oracle Exadata X5-2 Half Rack running Exadata software and Oracle RAC. When comparing a 16-socket Superdome X server and HP 3Par StoreServ 7440c running RHEL and Serviceguard for Linux versus an Oracle Exadata X5-2 Full Rack running Exadata software and Oracle RAC, the TCO savings for Superdome X are 39%. Source: Based on HP internal analysis results using publicly available competitive data, April 2015.
(6) Financing and service offerings available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively HPFSC) in certain countries and are subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates and terms are based on customer's credit rating, offering types, services and/or equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify. Not all services or offers are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP's business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Editorial contact Jennifer Harbour HP email@example.com www.hp.com/go/newsroom