New PTC Windchill SaaS offerings for small and midsized companies
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 28, 2015 — PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) today announced a new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) offering, PTC PLM Cloud, geared to the needs of small and midsized (SMB) product companies. This solution leverages the power of PTC Windchill®, while simplifying PLM adoption with a flexible, hosted subscription offering deployable at a pace that matches the needs of SMBs.
Recognizing that many SMB organizations may lack a dedicated IT staff but still want to adopt a proven PLM environment, PTC designed PTC PLM Cloud specifically to enable team collaboration and data management in the cloud. This flexible offering eliminates the typical, but risky, SMB practice of shared folders and file naming conventions which hamper product development. With more effective and reliable data sharing in the cloud, customers are able to improve product development across teams in different locations, teams working with varying CAD applications, and with external teams such as partners and suppliers who are a growing part of the product development process.
“The value of PTC PLM Cloud is clear,” said Peter Bilello, President, CIMdata. “PTC’s offering has been designed to allow smaller companies, which have previously been unable to rapidly implement PLM capabilities, to quickly deploy and adopt key data management, visualization and reuse functionality. Those are all vital capabilities for any company in the business of developing products.”
Specific benefits of PTC PLM Cloud are:
- Security. PTC’s cloud environment is compliant with ISO 27001:2013 which outlines standard protocols for information security management.
- Availability. PTC PLM Cloud is based on PTC’s existing hosted PLM environment which achieves 99.5% availability.
- Speed. PTC PLM Cloud performance has been optimized for distributed teams.
- Time-to-Value. PTC PLM Cloud enables rapid PLM adoption and accelerated product development processes, enabling improved on-time delivery.
- Total Cost of Ownership. PTC PLM Cloud allows for reduced technology acquisition and system administration costs.
“This solution is a true fully-featured PLM offering, including multi-CAD data management and collaboration,” said Brian Shepherd, EVP, Extended PLM Segment, PTC. “We’re excited to bring real, proven PLM to even the smallest product companies. Without needing to worry about system administration, they can focus on what matters most - their business.”
“Our main objective when deciding for PTC Windchill on the Cloud was to have central repository of up-to-date product information and efficient delivery of that data to customers and technical support staff, but at the same time to minimize the burden on IT while maintaining a predictable monthly cost,” said Vinny Guercio, VP Engineering, RAB Lighting. “With PTC, we have met our goals.”
PTC PLM Cloud will be available March 2015 in the following packages:
- A shared, pre-configured PTC Windchill instance that enables immediate go-live
- A dedicated PTC Windchill instance that supports customer-specific system configuration
- A dedicated PTC Windchill instance that supports customer-specific system configuration and integrations to corporate systems
For more information, please visit the PTC PLM Cloud Resource page.
The timing of any product release and the features and functionality of that product are subject to change at PTC’s discretion.