- Newest release of Dell SonicWALL secure mobile access solutions enables mobile worker productivity with simple, policy-enforced SSL VPN access to mission-critical applications and data without compromising security
- Delivers secure mobile access gateway solution to help protect an organization’s data at rest on devices
- Provides state-of-the-art, context-aware authentication that grants access only to authorized users and trusted devices
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 25, 2014 — The rising number of mobile devices in the workplace, both corporate issued and personally owned, has increased the demand on organizations to enable secure mobile access to company applications, data and resources. As more and more mobile and remote workers use the same devices for both business and personal needs, however, the co-mingling of business and personal data and applications poses an even greater threat to network security. The very real possibility of security breaches from malware-infected devices, company data intercepted in-flight on unsecured public wifi networks, or theft by rogue personal applications or unauthorized users of an organization’s data stored on personal devices exposes organizations to significant risk.
Today, Dell announces the newest release of the Dell SonicWALL secure mobile access solution for both managed and unmanaged BYOD devices, which combines the SonicWALL Mobile Connect 3.0 application and SonicWALL secure remote access (SRA) series appliance 7.5, to enable and increase productivity of the mobile workforce without compromising security.
Enforce Mobile Security while Keeping Users Productive
The new release of Dell’s secure mobile access solution ensures that only authorized users and devices meeting security policy are granted network access, and that an organization’s data in-flight and at rest on the device is secure. With SonicWALL Mobile Connect and the SonicWALL secure remote access appliance, the solution:
- Enables administrators to configure and enforce security policies that provide context-aware authentication. Mobile devices are interrogated for essential security information such as jailbreak or root status, device ID, certificate status, and OS versions prior to granting access. Devices that don’t meet policy requirements are not allowed network access and the user is notified of non-compliance, greatly reducing the chances of malware entering the network from non-IT managed devices
- Enables organizations to deliver policy-enforced SSL VPN access to allowed applications and resources from a multitude of device platforms including iOS, Mac OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows
- Protects company data at rest on mobile devices. Authenticated users can securely browse and view allowed intranet file shares and files in the app, while administrators can establish and enforce mobile application management policies to control whether files viewed can be opened in other apps, copied to the clipboard, printed, or cached securely within the Mobile Connect app. This allows administrators to isolate business data from personal data stored on the device and reduces the risk of data loss. In addition, if the user’s credentials are revoked, content stored in the Mobile Connect app is locked and can no longer be accessed or viewed
- Secure remote access series management console consolidates network access control of all web resources, file shares and client-server resources into a single location, with central administration and a single rule set for all resources and access methods
- Secure remote access offers web portal access for RDP and VNC that leverages HTML5, allowing devices, including tablets and smartphones, access to RDP or VNC systems through a standard web browser
- Dell SRA series appliances are available through the channel and Dell sales. The Mobile Connect app is available for free download from the Apple Store, Google Play, the Kindle Store, and embedded with Windows 8.1 tablets and laptops. Mobile Connect for MacOSX will be available in Spring 2014.
Patrick Sweeney, executive director, product management, for Dell Security Products
“In today’s mobile workplace, it is vitally important to enable remote and mobile employees to maintain their productivity without compromising network security. The co-mingling of business and personal applications and data on mobile devices presents an even greater challenge to IT when it comes to providing users with mobile access to everything they need to do their jobs, but still protecting corporate data - in-flight, at rest on the device, and on the network - from the multitude of threats posed by mobile devices. The Dell SonicWALL secure mobile access solution provides best-in-class, context-aware authentication for both personal and company-owned devices to protect corporate networks and data from mobile threats. Our converged secure access gateway establishes and enforces granular access control policies for network resources, and further, provides mobile application management policies for our Mobile Connect app to enable secure intranet file browse and caching that protects the data.”
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dellsecurity
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dellsoftware
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Dell-Software-4793472
Delivering Connected Security
Dell Connected Security gives organizations the power to solve their biggest security and compliance challenges today, while helping them better prepare for tomorrow. From the endpoint to the data center to the cloud, Dell helps mitigate risks to enable the business.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.