Adds 59 New Customers; Expands Into New IndustriesTROY, Mich., Jan. 28, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Plex, the leader in cloud-based ERP for manufacturers, completed another record year in 2013, growing to nearly 400 customers while expanding into new industries and extending support for customers' global operations. In addition, the company continued to build out a world-class management team with key leadership additions.
2013 Plex Highlights
- Plex added 59 new customers in 2013, for a total of nearly 400.
- The company expanded capabilities for new industries, including Aerospace and Defense, and Food and Beverage processing. Notably, Plex added a roster of nationally recognized food and beverage brands including Sanders & Morley Candy Makers and Green Flash Brewing Co.
- Plex strengthened its dominance in the motor vehicle industry with JD Norman Industries' international operations in Canada and the United Kingdom, as well as in the aerospace and defense industry with Aerospace Technologies Group.
- The company expanded relationships with more than 50 existing customers, adding new solution capabilities and opening new factories built with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. Plex now manages more than 1100 customer production operations worldwide and is deployed in 20 countries.
- Plex completed its first large-scale Brazilian deployment for a manufacturer of household appliance components. In addition, Plex now powers production lines in China for a world leader in the design and manufacturing of components and systems for passenger car, light truck, heavy truck and off-road applications.
- Plex product and services once again achieved better than 90 percent customer satisfaction, an unprecedented level for ERP software companies.
- Plex expanded its leadership team, naming Jason Blessing as CEO and Heidi Melin as Chief Marketing Officer. The company expanded its North America operations with new facilities in Michigan and California, and now has more than 365 employees.
Comments on 2013
"The Plex team met or exceeded our plans across the business," said Jason Blessing, Plex CEO. "2013 saw us expand our product, open new industry segments, and successfully take some very large production operations live on Plex. Two things are clear to me: that U.S. manufacturing is growing, and that manufacturers are turning to the cloud to support that growth."
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 400 companies across industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystem, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
Katy Teer, Plex, (248) 393-4101