New Mastercam Mill-Turn
Mastercam’s Mill-Turn product makes machining on today’s high-powered turning centers and full-function machining centers simpler and easier than ever before. Mastercam Mill-Turn streamlines the programming process with intelligent job setups that are keyed to the exact machine in your shop. Intelligent work plane selection makes it easy to select the proper spindle and turret, and program your part with Mastercam’s proven milling and lathe toolpaths.
Mastercam X7 integrates Renishaw’s Productivity+™ for in-process gauging. This uses a measuring probe on a machine tool to determine fixture offsets, orientation, and critical dimensions. Probing eliminates the need for tool presetters, expensive fixtures, and manual settings with dial indicators. It allows for machine offsets to be automatically adjusted, even during the machining process, to further enhance the manufacturing process.
New Lathe Dynamic Rough Toolpath
The Lathe Dynamic Rough toolpath is designed for hard materials cut with button inserts. The dynamic motion allows the toolpath to cut gradually, remain engaged in the material more effectively, and uses more of the surface on your insert, extending tool life and increasing the cutting speed.
Also available in Mastercam X7:
· The new Tool Manager, providing a whole new way to create and organize your tooling.
· Improved Backplot and Verify utilities that offer a more efficient workflow, better analysis tools, and more comprehensive toolpath support.
· Dynamic and OptiRough toolpaths with more efficient tool motion, including enhanced cut orders and faster calculation times.
· Multi-threading support extended to most 2D high speed toolpaths, resulting in faster toolpath processing.
· Oscillate motion for Curve and Swarf 5-axis toolpaths, improving your tool life by not always machining with the same area of the tool.
Visit www.mastercam.com for information about the Mastercam X7 release.
# # #
About MastercamDeveloped by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows®-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis routing, milling and turning, 2- and 4-axis wire EDM, 2D and 3D design, surface and solid modeling, artistic relief cutting, and Swiss machining. CNC Software is a privately owned corporation founded in 1984. The U.S.-based company provides Mastercam CAD/CAM solutions to more than 165,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold-making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, and consumer products. Mastercam runs under Windows 7 and Windows 8, and is compatible with all other CAD/CAM systems. For more information about CNC Software, Inc. and its Mastercam family of products, contact CNC Software, Inc., M - F, 8 AM - 6 PM EST at (800) 228-2877 or (860) 875-5006,—671 Old Post Road, Tolland, CT 06084. Or visit www.mastercam.com.