October 10, 2013, Austin, TX. Ashlar-Vellum announces Cobalt v8 Solo and Xenon v8 Solo, two new price points in their Designer Elements product line of 3D solid and surface modeling software. Traditionally bundled with a companion license to Graphite™, Ashlar-Vellum’s precision 2D/3D CAD and wireframe drafting package, Cobalt and Xenon are now available individually without Graphite at lower price points on both Mac and Windows.
Robert Bou, president of Ashlar-Vellum, commented, “This is just one more way that Ashlar-Vellum always provides the best value for our customers.”
Featuring Ashlar-Vellum’s award-winning Organic Workflow™, their non-linear design process, both Cobalt and Xenon offer:
- Class-A NURBS surfaces, ACIS solids and intuitive wireframe modeling in one seamless, non-modal package.
- The Drafting Assistant™ user interface for intelligent snaps and alignments in X,Y&Z.
- Full associatively and history for fast design revisions.
- Professional drafting with associative dimensioning and model analysis.
- More than 30 professional translators.
In addition, Cobalt adds to the list above:
- On-demand parametrics for design variations and product families.
- 3D mechanical parts library of 149,000 bearings, bolts, nuts and other parts.
With the introduction of Cobalt and Xenon Solo, Ashlar-Vellum has also reduced the prices of their 3D modeling products across the board:
- Cobalt v8 Solo US $1495
- Cobalt v8 Plus Graphite v8 US $2495 (formerly $2995)
- Xenon v8 Solo US $ 995
- Xenon v8 Plus Graphite v8 US $1995 (formerly $2495)
- Argon v8 US $ 695 (formerly $995)
Founded in 1988, Ashlar-Vellum is the leading provider of precision CAD and 3D modeling software that automates and simplifies the design process for drafting, design, and engineering professionals on both Macintosh and Windows platforms. Ashlar-Vellum's unique Organic Workflow™ featuring their renowned Vellum® user interface and powerful toolsets have earned the loyalty of inventors around the world. Ashlar-Vellum operates from its headquarters in Austin, Texas. To learn more call +1 800-877-2745 or visit www.ashlar.com.