Allen, Texas - June 12, 2013 - QuadriSpace™ Corporation, a leading supplier of 3D Communication and Documentation software, today announced it’s beta program for Share3D™.
Share3D™ allows users to share 3D designs for collaborative review, visual instructions and online catalogs through the share3d.com website and associated apps. This cloud and mobile solution was designed and developed to extend the use of CAD into activities outside of the immediate engineering environment and into manufacturing, service, and customer-centric applications. Early beta users have identified areas of significant benefit including: improved communication, reduced errors, faster time to market, better instructions and improved management of resources. One early beta tester concluded that “Share3D and QuadriSpace appear to be on the way to creating a game changing application. This beta version is really promising and I for one very much look forward to seeing and using the final product.”
The initial release of Share3D will be focused on collaborative review. Uploaded files can be shared as the focus of reviews. Participants will be strictly limited to those chosen by the originator of the review.
Users that participate in collaborative reviews can use the iPad, iPhone or PC apps to interactively rotate, pan and zoom the 3D model as well as recall previous comments or preset illustrations. When a comment is submitted, the 3D view is captured and the commenter is able to add annotations and markups to better communicate. Submitted comments are then available to all participants in the review session. Participants can additionally subscribe to a review and receive new comments by email. Finally, users can choose to participate without ever signing into the system by simply replying to an email message.
Share3D is a complete solution, designed to satisfy a company’s collaboration needs now and into the future. Unlike competitive offerings, which focus on viewing 3D outside of any collaborative environment, Share3D includes a full set of capabilities required to deliver secure, robust and actionable information based on 3D.
- Uploaded 3D is secured by 256-bit SSL and stored on secure Amazon servers. Share3D allows account owners to explicitly control who has access to their uploaded 3D files.
- Common CAD formats, such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/E, Google SketchUp, Rhino and others are translated to QSXML prior to upload. This lightweight file format removes sensitive engineering data resulting in increased security and faster uploads due to smaller file sizes.
- Native iPad, iPhone and PC-based apps provide interactive viewing and commenting features on the road or away from the desk.
- The Share3D.com website provides controlled access and image-based collaborative capabilities on any standard browser and provides admin and management features.
- Comments are made available through email with graphics so anyone can choose to remain in the loop and can offer feedback by simply replying to these generated emails.
- Share3D is compatible with the full set of features available in QuadriSpace Publisher3D, a full-featured 3D authoring application. This allows detailed information to include step-by-step procedures, user created illustrations with balloons, custom parts lists, detailed materials, and other 3D authoring tools needed to relate a specific storyline.
In the fall of 2013, QuadriSpace plans to expand Share3D to offer shopping cart functionality designed to integrate with ERP and PLM systems for on-demand pricing, inventory, quote and invoicing capabilities.
To participate in this limited beta program, interested parties can submit an application at https://www.share3d.com/beta. Participants accepted into the program will gain access to share3d.com and it’s associated apps for a limited period of time prior to release.
About QuadriSpace Corporation
QuadriSpace Corporation (http://www.quadrispace.com) delivers premier Product Communication and Documentation solutions using its patented technology (U.S. Patent # 7,068,269). QuadriSpace software solutions enhance productivity by enabling 3D CAD and associated data reuse throughout the business process. The easy-to-use products and services minimize the time to market and the documentation costs throughout the enterprise. QuadriSpace products serve a broad user base of engineering, manufacturing, marketing and technical publication professionals.
QuadriSpace Press Contact
President, QuadriSpace Corporation
(US Direct) 972.359.6700 x51