Tilera's customers are building the intelligent infrastructure for tomorrow's hyper-connected, mobile networks and the amount of real-time data and video content is growing exponentially each year. Substantially more complex services are being offered, and the rapid pace of new feature additions demands a software-based model with familiar, standards-based programming tools. Further, OEMs are insisting on dramatically higher levels of performance and scalability from their processor supplier.
In less than a year from the launch of its market-leading TILE-Gx36 processor, Tilera is doubling the compute performance, doubling the I/O capacity, and continuing the linear scaling of application performance with increasing core-count that is the hallmark of the Tile architecture. The TILE-Gx72 leverages Tilera's many innovations -- including the iMesh 2-dimensional interconnect, DDC distributed coherent cache, and TileDirect direct-to-cache I/O -- to deliver the highest compute-per-watt efficiency of any multicore processor in its class.
"The TILE-Gx72 rounds out our processor portfolio, complementing our 9, 16 and 36-core TILE-Gx processors and is offering a remarkable range of processing performance," said Devesh Garg, president and CEO of Tilera. "Customers demand ever-increasing levels of performance and performance-per-watt to stay competitive and they simultaneously want to reuse their software and hardware investments across their product portfolio. The TILE-Gx72 brings an unprecedented amount of compute to customer designs, and leverages thousands of open source libraries and the growing Linux ecosystem."
The TILE-Gx72 is ideally suited for compute and I/O-intensive applications including:
- L2-7 networking and firewall appliances
- High throughput SDN (Software Defined Network) computing
- Network monitoring and analytics with 100% line-rate packet capture at 100 Gbps
- Layer 7 Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) at over 50 Gbps
- Compute offload NIC (Network Interface Card)
- Intrusion prevention and detection (IPS/IDS) at over 20 Gbps
- "Big Data" transaction processing at over 4 million transactions per second
- Streaming video server/content delivery networking offering 50 Gbps HTTP streaming
- HD video conferencing with dozens of H.264 1080p encode/decode channels
"We continue to be impressed with the scalability of the TILE-Gx family with its seamless software compatibility from 9 cores to 72 cores," said Ofer Raz, head of platforms and architecture of Check Point Software Technologies. "The TILE-Gx72 processor brings the right mix of compute, low-latency I/O, memory bandwidth, and accelerators for the needs of our intelligent, integrated security appliances."
"Tilera is raising the bar again with the launch of its flagship Tile-Gx72 processor," said Linley Gwennap, principal analyst of The Linley Group. "As the first 64-bit, manycore processor to run standard SMP Linux across 72 cores on a single chip and capable of 100Gbps networking, the TILE-Gx72 will enable customers to achieve new levels of performance in multimedia and networking applications."
TILE-Gx72 Technical Highlights
The TILE-Gx72 is a full System-On-a-Chip (SoC), integrating a broad set of I/O's and memory controllers to reduce system cost and save on printed circuit board area.
- 72 64-bit processor cores - Powerful three-issue cores, designed for ultra-high power efficiency. Each processor core integrates L1 and L2 caches and supports virtual memory and multiple privilege levels
- iMesh two-dimensional multi-tier interconnect - Over 110 Tbps of bandwidth interconnecting cores, caches, I/O devices and DDR3 memory controllers
- 23 Mbytes of on-chip cache - Distributed coherent L3 cache with ECC protection and Tilera's patented DDC technology
- Extensive integrated I/O:
- Eight 10Gbps Ethernet ports, configurable as 32 1Gbps ports
- Six PCI Express ports with 24 lanes of SerDes
- Four on-board DDR3 memory controllers delivering more than 475 Gbps (60 GB/s) of bandwidth and supporting up to 1 TB of attached memory
- mPIPE packet processing subsystem - Delivers C-programmable wire-speed packet classification, load-balancing, packet ordering and buffer management for ingress and egress traffic at over 240 million packets-per-second
- More than 40Gbps of crypto acceleration - MiCA subsystem supports a wide range of security protocols such as SSL, IPsec, SRTP, MACsec, 3GPP and also accelerates functions such as data deduplication
The TILE-Gx72 devices are available for sampling. Please contact your Tilera representative for information.
The RSA Security Conference
Tilera will display the TILE-Gx72 and the accompanying development system at the RSA Security Conference in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center, February 25-March 1, 2013 in booth #2751.
Tilera® Corporation is the developer of the highest performance, low power general purpose manycore processors. Tilera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with additional locations worldwide. For more information, visit www.tilera.com or follow us on Twitter @Tilera.
Contact Information: Media Inquiries: Breakaway Communications for Tilera Corporation Devan Gillick Email Contact 415-358-2487