DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 30, 2012 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/63t4nm/computer_design) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Computer design of diffractive optics" to their offering.
This book reviews the computer synthesis of diffractive optical elements (DOE) used for transforming laser radiation and investigating the properties of the wave fields produced. Methods for solving inverse problems of geometrical optics, scalar diffraction theory and electromagnetic theory of diffraction are discussed. Special attention is given to the different methods of solving the Maxwell equations, finite and boundary elements for solving integral optics equations and connected waves for calculating diffraction in periodic structures. Topics include DOE forming self-reproducing laser beams used for handling micro-objects, DOE on diamond films used for transformation of powerful laser radiation and multi-order and spectral DOE used for simultaneous separation and focusing.
Key Topics Covered:
Main equations of diffraction theory
- Diffractive optical transformations
- Calculation of diffractive optical elements (DOE) in the geometrical optics approximation
- Calculation of DOE in the scalar approximation of diffraction theory
- Multi-order DOE
- Calculations of diffraction gratings in electromagnetic theory
- Electromagnetic calculations of micro-optics elements
- Analysis of transverse laser radiation modes
- Formation of self-reproducing multi-mode laser beams
- Optical handling of micro-objects using DOE
- Synthesis of DOE on diamond polycrystalline films. Appendix: Nanophotonics and diffractive computer optics.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/63t4nm/computer_design
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd