Established since 1980, The Di-Spark Group supply precision machined components for industries such as aerospace, defence, medical, oil and gas, motorsport, nuclear and scientific. Specialist areas are in the manufacture of complex precision machined components and sub assemblies using advanced manufacturing technologies such as 5-axis milling, multi task mill-turn, wire erosion and spark erosion.
October 4, 2012 - The Di-Spark Group was looking for a CAM system suitable for their Agie Charmilles Mikron machine tool that was robust, easy to use and was suitable for 3+2 axis machining and later on, full simultaneous 5-axis machining.
Since first introducing NCG CAM, The Di-Spark Group has steadily expanded their business and currently have 5 seats of NCG CAM, including 1 seat of full-simultaneous 5-axis.
Some of the benefits The Di-Spark Group has seen are:
- Programming bottle necks were removed by introducing NCG CAM
- Many 5-axis parts can easily be programmed using the 3+2
- Full simultaneous 5-axis module could be simply added to the base module of NCG CAM as the business grew
- Ease of use allows for even complete novices to CAM software to quickly learn to machine parts with NCG CAM
- As The Di-Spark Group expanded in size, it was very easy to increase the number of users able to use NCG CAM
““NCG CAM is a good CAM package for “hitting the ground running”. We have very little down time due to being able to run the roughing program, while we are working on the finishing toolpaths.
Unlike some CAM packages NCG CAM isn’t cluttered, which makes it very quick and easy to use. It is very quick and easy to edit tool paths or speeds and feeds, which also saves a lot of down time.
We make some very complex shapes and NCG CAM has a very good selection of toolpaths to manufacture them. ” Says Glenn Ardern, CAD/CAM Engineer at The Di-Spark Group.
About NCG CAM St andalone 3D HSM CAM Software
NCG CAM HSM CAM software is an easy to use stand-alone CAM system that integrates with existing CAD and CAM systems.
NCG CAM boasts many innovative features. It is suitable for all types of forms, creating an optimised, smooth cutter motion ideal for 3D HSM machining, which will help to extend tool life, minimise wear on the machine tool and producing parts with an excellent surface finish.
NCG CAM has a very user-friendly interface, with a typical learning curve of just 1 day is required to machine a live job. It is perfect for the high-speed machining of moulds, dies, prototypes and precision surface machining.
- Very user friendly interface – making it suitable for even occasional users
- NCG CAM offers many advanced 3D machining routines, rest roughing & 3 + 2 capabilities for all toolpaths, a simultaneous 5-axis add-on module is available
- Fast and efficient roughing strategies, including core roughing and adaptive clearance
- Advanced drilling routines – includes automatic hole detection and / or user defined holes
- All machining routines are fully gouge protected for both the cutter and the tool holder
- Rest area option for finishing strategies to minimise any air cutting
- Available as both 32-bit & 64-bit versions (both are multi threaded)
– Stand alone CAM software that is compatible with ANY other CAD package
– Extremely easy to use with just 1 day's training required to machine a live job
– Ideal for shop-floor programming
– Gouge protection for cutters and holders
– All post-processors are written in-house
– Powerful 3D machining
– Toolpaths optimised for HSM machining
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced wear on machine
- Extended tooling life
– Saves time and money!
A demonstration version of the NCG CAM software, is available to download - http://www.ncgcam.com/demorequest.html . The demonstration version of NCG CAM has unlimited usage and while there are restrictions to the machining output, it can also be used in its basic form as a FREE .iges viewer.
About NCG CAM Solutions Ltd
Established in Cambridge, UK, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd provides CAM software solutions, offering all the tools needed to manufacture prototypes, models, moulds, dies, patterns and finished products. Our specialist area is 3D HSM CAM with our product NCG CAM.
All of our staff have a wealth of CAM experience, having worked in the CADCAM and engineering industry for many, many years. This includes our support team who have actually worked on the shop-floor using CAM software on live jobs, so are able to provide an excellent back up and support service for the software.
Since establishing in June 2009, NCG CAM Solutions Ltd have a rapidly growing global reseller base, with resellers for NCG CAM in UK, Germany, Spain, Benelux, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Poland, Norway, Turkey, Egypt, Middle East, India, Ukraine, Russia, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, South Africa, Canada and across USA.
To contact a reseller or to download the demonstration version of NCG CAM, visit www.ncgcam.com . Alternatively contact Estelle Dunsmuir for more information – Email Contact or call +44 (0)1223 863911 / +44 (0)1353 699840.