(2) Weight will vary by configuration.
(3) For SSD drive, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system-recovery software.
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power-management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark.
(5) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, Intel software and BIOS update, and optional Solid State Drive (SSD) or mSATA flash cache module. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(6) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) Requires Intel Core processor. Wireless access point and internet are required and not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) Internet access required. Subscription required for live updates.
(9) Intel IPT security requires a separately purchased Symantec VIP software service subscription and must be activated and configured. Requires a website that uses Symantec VIP Authentication Service. Requires Microsoft® Windows® and a system with vPro or any Ultrabook. Intel and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom.
(10) The commercial HP ENVY Ultrabook offers only 14-inch diagonal form factor.
(11) Requires a compatible Intel Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel Rapid Storage technology software and a properly configured hybrid drive (non-SED HDD + optional mSATA SSD flash cache). Intel Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2012 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
(12) Internet access required. Use of the HP image required. Opt in required to receive updates from Microsoft Security Essentials.
(13) Requires an HP Tools partition; must not be deleted to use automatic recovery.
(14) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel, Intel Core, and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe and Photoshop are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.