New Software With Integrated NVIDIA iray Simplifies 3D Rendering and Animation
Bunkspeed, a developer of 3D rendering and animation technology introduced the Bunkspeed PRO Suite 2012 that builds on Bunkspeed SHOT and Bunkspeed MOVE with new features and work flow capabilities that are suited for industrial designers, engineers, marketers, architects, and any 3D creative professionals who want to take their images and animations to a new level. With this release, the company merged its previous software Bunkspeed SHOT PRO and Bunkspeed Move PRO, and integrated NVIDIA iray version 2, into a single “PRO Suite,” simplifying its offering. The entire product line is now based on the same core technology, user interface, and the NVIDIA iray engine, allowing users to move seamlessly from Bunkspeed SHOT, to Bunkspeed MOVE to the Bunkspeed PRO Suite as skills and requirements increase. Bunkspeed Pro Suite 2012 features include all the functionality of Bunkspeed SHOT 2012 and Bunkspeed MOVE 2012 plus:
- Advanced image processing and camera manipulation tools
- Single click “render pass” output for post production
- All new configuration and model set capability for creation of variants
- Photometric lights including spot, point and directional
- Bunkspeed QUEUE - Simple yet powerful “visual” render queue allowing the user to see jobs in process and render offline
- Bunkspeed BOOST - Allows a Bunkspeed PRO user to connect to another Bunkspeed PRO users machine to boost offline render power.
CIMdata Releases 2011 PLM Market and Solution Supplier Analysis Report
CIMdata, Inc. announced the release of the CIMdata 2011 PLM Market and Solution Supplier Analysis Report, the third of five modules of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series. This report focuses on the PLM market, its main segments, and the financial results for PLM solution suppliers. It is important to note that all data and revenue information presented in this report are based on CIMdata’s estimates of the PLM market and the revenue performance of the PLM solution suppliers. The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2011 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market and Solution Supplier Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2010 market results, by major geography.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2010 market results.
Rapidform Updates 3D Scan Data Processing Tool
INUS Technology released its turnkey Software Development Kit (SDK) for 3D scanning application development. The updated version of Rapidform.dll enables developers to rapidly deploy industry-proven point, mesh and surfacing functions into their own software products with minimal effort. The latest version of Rapidform.dll focuses on making mesh operations easier and more powerful. The SDK now includes Rapidform’s advanced rewrap, adaptive remeshing and curvature flow improvement algorithms, making mesh optimization easier. INUS Technology has spent more than a decade creating and refining point cloud and mesh processing tools to deliver great results from any type of 3D scanner. With Rapidform.dll, third party developers can take advantage of this expertise and integrate the technology into their own apps. New features in the SDK include:
- Mesh topology improvement tools
- Mesh editing capabilities, such as mesh Boolean operations and mesh cutting
- Advanced triangle normal repair (to fix common issues with mesh direction)
- User interface APIs for large point cloud and mesh display and selection tools
Altair Releases Student Edition of Its Popular HyperWorks Computer-Aided Engineering Software Suite
Altair Engineering, Inc. announced the release of the HyperWorks 11.0 Student Edition, a personal academic version of the popular suite of computer-aided engineering (CAE) software used by manufacturers around the world. The Student Edition offers affordable opportunities for engineering and design students to gain experience in computer simulation with the same software that engineering professionals use to design and develop everything from aircraft and automobiles to computer chips and golf clubs. As part of the program's global roll-out, the first 200 students in each country to register at the Altair Online Store will receive the HyperWorks 11.0 Student Edition for free. The HyperWorks Student Edition is available for purchase now through Altair's Online Store ( https://secure.altair.com/onlinestore) and includes access to core HyperWorks commercial technologies that support the complete CAE workflow process for various solution types and applications.
Jeffrey Rowe is the editor of MCADCafé and MCAD Weekly Review. He can be reached at Email Contact or 719.221.1867.
Product and Company News