SolidWorks 2012 increases productivity and streamlines the overall customer product development processes with:
- Design costing – A flexible tool that automates manufacturing cost calculations for sheet metal and machined parts. Designers can make more informed decisions based on cost throughout the design process and continually model new scenarios for instant up-to-the-minute manufacturing estimates.
- Sheet metal – Design from scratch or convert customer 3D parts to sheet metal with new tools that provide control over the unique challenges of working with sheet metal — such as precise control of edge flanges, including up-to-vertex end conditions. Designs can be automatically flattened and documented for manufacturing, with export to CNC and manufacturing equipment.
- Simulation – SolidWorks Simulation includes enhanced motion optimization that automatically uses motion study results to create sensors and refine complex and time-intensive machine aspects such as motor size, bearing loads and range of travel. Users can optimize designs in a fraction of the time as they refine inputs and immediately see changes to restraints or goals.
Extends Support for Collaboration and Team Connectivity
As manufacturing becomes more global, design collaboration between disparate teams is now more important than ever. SolidWorks 2012 brings teams of all sizes together through:
- Integrated search, customization, and wider support with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM – Now integrated into the Windows® Explorer, designers have easy access to favorite searches and a full search tool. Users can also customize the Windows Explorer UI to get faster access to the information they need. In addition, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM has new support for Office 2010 and an x64 web client.
- Lifelike experience with 3DVIA ComposerTM – Designers can take more control over their renderings for a more realistic appearance. Enhancements include the easy addition of part-to-part shadows, ambient occlusion and shadows to 2D panels with precise control. A glow effect can also be added to highlight specific areas of interest.
For more information about SolidWorks 2012, including video demonstrations, visit: http://www.solidworks.com/Launch2012_PR
Availability and Pricing
SolidWorks 2012 is available worldwide through SolidWorks authorized resellers. Contact a SolidWorks authorized reseller for pricing. To locate one in your region, visit: http://www.solidworks.com/locateVAR/
Share with a Friend
Do you have colleagues that would benefit from SolidWorks 2012? Encourage them to attend one of our live seminars: http://www.solidworks.com/launch/find-a-seminar.htm
Or feel free to share via twitter with these suggested Tweets:
- @Solidworks 2012 is now available! Check out a local reseller event to learn more: www.solidworkslaunch.com
- Interested in moving to 3D CAD? Check out @SolidWorks 2012! www.solidworkslaunch.com
- Want to see your ideas go quickly from design to development? Check out @SolidWorks 2012! www.solidworkslaunch.com
About Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. subsidiary, is a world leader in 3D solutions that help millions of engineers and designers succeed through innovation. Our products deliver an intuitive experience in product design, simulation, publishing, data management, and environmental impact assessment. For the latest news, information, or an online demonstration, visit our Web site ( www.solidworks.com) or call 1-800-693-9000 (outside of North America, call +1-978-371-5000).
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Systèmes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80
countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault
Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that
support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire
lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The
Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of
designing the virtual product –
3D mechanical design –
virtual production –
virtual testing –
global collaborative lifecycle management, and
for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit