Featuring a patent-pending animation system, major improvements to UI and workflow
Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA, August 9, 2011 - Luxion, the leading developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot®, the first real time ray tracing and global illumination program, today unveiled KeyShot 3, the next generation of Luxion’s groundbreaking rendering solution. KeyShot 3 features an all new animation system that breaks down the complexity of creating animations of 3D data with the same photorealistic results as before.
“Computer animation is often a tedious task that requires expert knowledge to setup even simple animations”, says Dr. Henrik Wann Jensen, Chief Scientist of Luxion. “We decided to develop an animation system that is just as simple to use as KeyShot has been for rendering. In order to achieve this, we built the animation system directly into KeyShot without relying on keyframes.”
Geared towards designers, engineers and marketing professionals, the following aspects make KeyShot's animation system revolutionary:
- Everything happens inside KeyShot's realtime raytraced environment: setup, edit and playback.
- During setup, edit and playback of the animation the scene stays fully interactive, allowing the user to interact with the camera, lighting and materials.
- Rather than relying on setting up keyframes, Luxion has developed a unique, patent-pending animation system based on offset transforms.
- The use of offset transforms makes it possible to add individual animation components to single or multiple parts, move them in the timeline, and copy, paste or move them within the model hierarchy.
- To develop more complex animations, the user adds multiple transforms to each object.
Siggraph 2011 marks the first public showing of KeyShot 3. Luxion will demonstrate KeyShot 3 and its patent-pending animation capabilities in booth #780 at Siggraph 2011, held in Vancouver, Canada, from August 9-11, 2011.
KeyShot 3’s all new animation capabilities can be added to KeyShot and KeyShot Pro for $500.
Currently undergoing extensive Beta-testing with select Luxion customers, the final release of KeyShot is targeted for fall 2011.
For more information on KeyShot 3 please go to http://www.keyshot.com/keyshot3.
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot® is the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program that uses a physically correct rendering engine certified by the CIE (International Commission on Illumination).
Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data.
Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Dell, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, IDEO, frog design and SMART Design. For more information visit http://www.keyshot.com.
Vice President, Marketing
18201 Von Karman, STE 970
Irvine, CA 92612
P: +1 (949) 274-8871
F: +1 (949) 266-9523