SAN DIEGO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 12, 2011 — Today TomTom launches Custom Area Analysis, an important historical traffic product which gives customers access to highly granular speed and bottleneck information for road networks around the world. The product supports traffic modeling and analysis of road conditions and traffic performance. By providing a complete view of what is happening across the global road network, Custom Area Analysis enables enterprises and governments to better understand and more efficiently manage their local areas.
“TomTom is continuously proving its ability to innovate and the most recent example is the addition of Custom Area Analysis to our traffic portfolio,” said Dan Adams, Vice President of Product Development for TomTom Licensing. “By providing actual driven travel times and speeds for roads globally, Custom Area Analysis supports government and enterprise partners as they develop solutions that help optimize performance on road networks.”
Leveraging TomTom’s ever-expanding database of more than 4 trillion anonymously collected data points, the Custom Area Analysis product features include:
- Broad coverage: Actual speed and travel time information available for highways and secondary roads globally
- Detailed granularity: Road segments ranging from a few meters to several kilometers, at any hour of the day and any period of time
- Significant sample size: Reliable data leads to confident decisions
- Easy to access: Access data and run reports via the Traffic Stats web portal, reducing the need for additional equipment or field surveys.
Custom Area Analysis joins a robust and innovative suite of traffic products designed to enable customers in enterprise, government, hardware and wireless markets develop solutions to make better use of road networks worldwide. Key TomTom traffic products include Custom Travel Times, Enterprise Traffic, HD Flow, HD Route Times and Speed Profiles*.
TomTom plans to expand its traffic product portfolio with new historical traffic products and new geographic coverage available for real time traffic products. These advancements will underscore the company’s commitment to delivering value to its industry partners.
Custom Area Analysis offers global coverage and is accessible via the TomTom Traffic Stats web portal at http://trafficstats.tomtom.com. For further information about TomTom traffic products for industry partners, visit: http://www.tomtom.com/landing_pages/traffic_solutions/web/index.php
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all customers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products in more than 40 countries.
TomTom Licensing is the division of TomTom dedicated to delivering relevant, fresh and high-quality digital maps, and dynamic content, to a wide range of business customers. Our product portfolio includes the world's freshest digital maps covering over 200 countries and territories globally, as well as the most accurate real time and historical traffic products.
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com/licensing
*Notes for Editors
- Custom Travel Times: provides historic speed and bottleneck information for individual road segments
- Enterprise Traffic: delivers precise real time traffic locations and delays caused by congestion on the road network
- HD Flow: offers a real time, detailed view of traffic speeds across the entire road network
- HD Route Times: provides highly accurate real time travel and delay times for specific routes on a temporary basis or for permanent solutions
- Speed Profiles: delivers historic roadway speeds specific to times of day and days of the week for accurate real world ETAs