"We believe iPad is going to drive as much innovation in the CAD space as the original PC did back in the 1980's," stated Royal Farros, chairman and CEO of IMSI/Design. "Because of the amazing portability, battery life, and Multi-Touch display of iPad, an architect, designer, or engineer can spend all day viewing even the largest 3D plans right on-site... even view plans while walking around a building site. That simply can't be done with existing PC technology."
Free TurboViewer features include:
- Fast native 2D and 3D .DWG (Autodesk® AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT®) and .DXF viewing
- Unique time-savers: Able to navigate full-screen preview during file load; Cancel errant file load
- Smooth Multi-Touch navigation while panning, zooming, and orbiting
- Restore saved AutoCAD views to quickly display the best vision of your design
- Supports AutoCAD linetypes to maintain visual fidelity as intended
- Autosense 2D or 3D drawings to automatically set appropriate gesture navigation of a drawing or model
- Doesn't require Internet connection for remote field work
"We built TurboViewer from the ground up for iPad... but what we've found is TurboViewer may be the fastest 2D and 3D drawing viewer on any platform," added Farros.
TurboViewer is the first in a series of next generation apps designed specifically for the AEC market. Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements.
Availability and Pricing
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 15 million products sold since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DoubleCAD, DesignCAD, TurboFLOORPLAN, and Renditioner families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2011 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI, TurboCAD, and DoubleCAD are trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. Apple, iPad, and App Store are trademarks of Apple. DWG, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD LT are trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 pr (at) imsidesign.com