- Advanced PVT sub flow
- Advanced Monte Carlo sub flow
- Layout-Dependent Effects (LDE) Constraint Creation sub flow
- Parasitic Constraint Creation sub flow
- Power Integrity Constraint Creation sub flow
Variation effects are critical considerations for designers working on smaller geometries, impacting the design's electrical characteristics. The Solido Variation Designer product suite works with TSMC process and device models, allowing customers to improve design performance, power, and area; maximize parametric yield; and avoid project delays.
The Solido Variation Designer product suite utilizes efficient simulation management techniques to support custom designers on TSMC processes with:
- Efficient Process-Voltage-Temperature corner design, using TSMC corner models.
- Quality-driven statistical analysis with fast and accurate enhanced Monte Carlo methods, verifiable up to 6-sigma and utilizing TSMC statistical models of global and local variations.
- Device and interconnect level analysis through TSMC LDE API interface.
"We are pleased to broaden our collaboration with Solido in developing advanced variation analysis and design methodology in AMS Reference Flow 2.0.," said Suk Lee, director of Design Infrastructure Marketing at TSMC. "TSMC customers can use Solido Variation Designer with TSMC 28nm process technology to achieve better product quality in their AMS designs."
The Solido Variation Designer product suite provides fast analysis and efficient use of simulation resources during PVT corner evaluation, 3-6 sigma statistical analysis, and pre-layout constraint generation. Designers use Solido Variation Designer to:
- Analyze variation impact on design specifications
- Identify electrical hotspots
- Fix specification failures and reduce late stage layout impacts
"Solido is pleased to expand its participation in TSMC's AMS Reference Flow 2.0," said Amit Gupta, president and CEO of Solido Design Automation. "By using Solido Variation Designer with TSMC models, our customers can minimize late-stage changes due to process variations and layout dependent effects."
Solido Variation Designer working with TSMC technology will be demonstrated at TSMC's booth at the Design Automation Conference, June 6-8, 2011, San Diego, California.
About Solido Design Automation
Solido Design Automation Inc. is a leading provider of variation analysis and design software for custom integrated circuits. Solido Variation Designer and application packages are used by custom IC designers spanning analog/RF, I/O, memory and standard cell digital library design teams, to improve design performance, power and area, maximize parametric yield, avoid project delays and prevent catastrophic failure. The privately held company is venture capital funded and has offices in the U.S.A., Canada, Japan and Europe. For further information, visit www.solidodesign.com or call 306-382-4100.
SOURCE Solido Design Automation, Inc.
|Solido Design Automation, Inc.
Gloria Nichols of Launch Marketing
Email Contact for Solido Design Automation, Inc.