April 11, 2011 -A talisman is “an object considered to possess magical powers”. InnovMetric Software is pleased to announce that PolyWorks® V12 will offer a talisman of its own targeted at users of laser scanning and tactile probing devices who need to operate 3D metrology hardware away from their computers. The new PolyWorks/Talisman application running on iPod touch®, iPhone®, and iPad™ mobile computing devices allows operators to remotely control PolyWorks and get critical visual or textual feedback while measuring on the shop floor. With PolyWorks/Talisman, users can:
- Visualize laser scans as they are being captured
- Get intelligent visual guidance while probing specific locations
- View single or multiple Digital Readouts (DRO) when building a fixture or jig, or mounting a component on a part
- Configure a probing session, such as the probing measurement mode or the reflector type
- Perform all typical probing actions, such as Start/Stop Measurement, Undo Last Point, or Reprobe Object
- Read messages or answer questions without having to go back to the computer
PolyWorks/Talisman is free of charge and can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/polyworks-talisman/id422670138?mt=8.
PolyWorks V12 will be launched on May 17-19, in Los Angeles, CA, and on June 7-9, in Detroit, MI. To register, visit www.innovmetric.com
About InnovMetric Software Inc.
Founded in 1994, in Québec City, Canada, with subsidiaries and distributors worldwide, InnovMetric Software Inc. develops and commercializes PolyWorks ®, a universal 3D metrology software platform that offers the flexibility of combining high-density point cloud digitizers and tactile probing devices within the same measurement task, ensuring optimal accuracy and speed under all circumstances. The world’s largest industrial manufacturing organizations that use PolyWorks every day trust it for its flexibility, its robustness, and top-of-the-class technical support.